road warrior 305 bedroom slide windows???

szewczyk_john

The 2 small windows on the sides of the bedroom slide have the slider locks on the inner window pane. Each window has one slide lock that will move but the second slide lock does not move. Each window has a screen and the inner pane feels as if it should open but the non moving slide lock prevents them from opening? Are they supposed to open or not?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Yes your windows should open. On my Bighorn, I had the same problem, but figured it out. I don't know if this applies to your problem but you might give it a try. It seems that when the window gets closed the slider lock contacts the frame and will not slide untill pressure is taken off the contact point. So before I want to open a window I just lift it up a hair and then the slider lock will move.
Let us know if that helps.

Peace
Dave

szewczyk_john

The problem was that a screw in the frame used for mounting the window lined up perfect with the slide lock. I took the screw out and it work properly now. I put the screws back in with the window open so now the screw is not pushing against the slide. Thanks