First Views of Big Country

cjbearden

Visitor
Clay's RVs in Monroe, LA has four Big Country units on its lot as of 03/26/07. JD and I decided to go take a gander. Don't remember the floor plan numbers but units were smaller than our Bighorn 3400RL. Did get to see the new Store and Sleep Sofa with the electric air mattress. Storage area was tied up so didn't look at that. After reading other posts about the problems with the storage drawer popping open during travel, can understand why it was tied with a knot! We are still thinking we may trade out our two recliners for the new Sofa and then have two sofas in our unit. We thought the BC was sturdier built than our BH, which we will be rectifying soon with a visit to Elkhart for various repair corrections.

Did note that there didn't seem to be as much cabinet/storage space as in our unit and the bedroom closet shelving was omitted. The double door mirrored control closet at the entry door has been reduced to a very small control box. One nice feature though was a grab handle inserted on the right hand wall inside the front door, which made getting into the units easier.

Single battery compartment has been placed on left side of nose rather than in the nose compartment.

Bottom Line: Think it is a good unit for starting out but it will make you really jealous when you see what is available in larger units!:D

dennylm

JD and CJ,

My wife and I are moving to Monroe, LA. I didn't realize there was a dealership carrying Heartland products there. Do you have any idea how good their service department might be?

cjbearden

Visitor
Service Department in Monroe

Sorry, we were only there for one day and not to have any service done. We just stopped to see the Big Country. We did meet John Keating, a sales associate who was very helpful and personable. Service Department looked like it had only four service bays and couldn't tell how busy they were. Good luck on the move.