Touch Radio fuse for 2011

handva

This has probably been said on here before.

I found out if you pull the fuse for the radio and put it back it in, it will reset the system. We had a problem where the radio was on constant scan in both FM and AM. There were a couple of other problems as well. The fuse trick helped.

Just a thought.

That's good to know. When we traded our MPG in last weekend, it was stuck like that, scanning. I will know now what to do if the one in the North Trail does it. I so wish they would recall all of them and offer a replacement! Our new one quit working on day 2, but was fine the other 2 days. Thanks for posting this!

This probably fits in the I-should-know-this category, but is the fuse in the unit itself, or fuse box? thanks.

handva

The fuse is in the fuse box.
After I did this I remembered having to ask the dealer about it last fall on our first trip. Memory loss at a young age.
Still working on surround sound with the tv. I know it will work, just haven't got the right combination yet.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
The probable cause for for the resetting of the radios maybe low battery voltage. Most new electronics do not like being under 12 Volts. Sometimes a jolt on low battery's such as a quick charge or when hooking up can cause a power surge that makes things do weird things. Just a thought.

Last edited:

handva

Makes sense, the battery got a little low over the winter. When I hooked the truck up it got a jolt to start charging.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Gerred, you might think about bringing the battery home over the winter and keep it on trickle charger on the lowest setting. When reinstalling the battery...ALWAYS install the positve cable 1st. That way there is not a "arky sparky" issue. Electronics REALLY don't like that. Kinda like "POOOOOOF". You never want to let all the smoke out of anything electrical.