305RW First Trip and Issues with Trailer

LawsonEOD

We took our new 2011 305RW from Great Falls Montana to the Black Hills of South Dakota. Great trip and enjoyed our new trailer but below is a list of things we noticed during our first trip in our new trailer.

Graphic Decals peeling in multiple locations and cracked/broken decal on rear deck where decal was not put on smoothly and has ripples.

Slide out side of trailer, under floor storage area door. Front latch will lock but the post does not reach far enough into the hole to actually keep that side of the door closed. Other rear latch/lock does reach and keeps door closed during travel but would feel better if both worked properly.

Screen Door on Main Door not alligned with door frame and sticks closed. Must lift up slightly to get it to open freely. Main door works fine but will not open together with the scrfeen door.

Most water fixtures loose and leaked. Required tightening. Shower handel and shower head hose panel not sealed at all. Water can get behind shower wall at panel location.

Rain gutter on main door side of trailer not sealed/rtved between sections causing water to drain at each joint which happen to be over window locations. Other side of trailer is finished correctly and does not leak where it is not supposed to.

Landing gear spring loaded pin on main door side of trailer does align well with hole and must be pushed into the locked position. I can force it through but the wife is not strong enought to get it to go all the way through and be secure.

Living room main slide out area, Main big window shade string guide for shade at bottom achore is stripped out and pulling out of the wall.

Again we love our new trailer just wanted to point out a few things that seem to be fit and finish issues with factory Quality Assurance

I plan on going through the other lines below to check all of them and the water pump as it seems to be loud due to vibrations while running.

tmcran

Sorry to hear of your problems. I went through several Q C issues on our 2009 Sundance. It has continued to upset me to see the number of new Heartland RVs with QC issues. Where are the inspectors?

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I'm sorry you have had such bad luck with your new trailer, but it seems to me that your dealer should have found many of these items and taken care of them prior to delivery. Then again, during your PDI they could have been found and repaired.

rebootsemi

This is all we see now is brand spanking new trailers going out with all of these QC problems, factory and dealer again did not do their job. Drag it back to the dealer and raise cane. Take pictures of all the problems and send them to Heartland. As for the water pump it probably is not screw down. The pump line in and out need to have hose loops in them to stop all of the vibration. Did it to ours and can hardly hear it anymore.

Attachments

• Sundance water pump after.JPG
    Sundance water pump after.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 40

LawsonEOD

Thanks for the replies, The trailer is at the dealer now. They are replacing the exterior shower quick disconnect with hot and cold knobs due to the fact that the quick disconnect water hose connection will not work or allow the hose to connect.

We did do a good PDI at the RV show where we bought it in Feb 11(Montana). The trailer was winterized and indoors so as we looked over the trailer it worked as designed. Water issues were not addressed until now since we could not actually run all the systems and notice the issues. The dealer is great and is and will work to address the issues.

Again we love the trailer and our list is minor things that cost very little or nothing to correct. (Other than decals not sure about those. Might use nail polish or clear coat to seal the edges down) Just alingment/teaking work to get the trailer in tip top shape.

Thanks for the water pump info. I will be looking into doing what you have done. Soft lines from pump to hard lines. Insulate around the pump without causing a fire hazard. Might mount the pump on rubber isolators as well to reduce vibration.