Possible new owner in Canada

Goldies

We are currently researching purchasing the Cyclone 300C. Because the dollar is so good we are more then likely going to purchase from South of the border. Our biggest hang-up is Canadian dealers will not offer warranty repairs because we didn't purhase from them. The dealer we are looking at offers an extended warranty program for Canadians and we are not sure if it is worth it. We would like to protect our investment but to spend the extra $$$, is it really worth it. If anyone has any suggestions on extended warranty or if you live in Canada and purchased from the USA would love to hear from you and your thougths. Any thoughts, suggestions and opionions would be great:) I know Heartland makes a great product but with anything, things can be defective from the get go. We have never paid for extended warranty before on anything we have purchased but this will be the most we have spent on a single purchase.

beardedone

Beardedone
I live in the Great white North and bought my trailer in BC. I really wish I had bought an extended warranty when offered. I have had so many problems the insurance company would have dis-owned me!

wonka

We purchased south of the border, and have been assured that the local dealer will do the warrantybwork as required. We might not be first on their list to get things done, but we saved so much over the locals price, we will deal with it. On our last RV we purchased the extended warranty, but found it to be a waste of money. Anything that failed did so in the first four months.

noobee

We imported our unit in 2007. During the warranty period we only had warranty work done once. It was at HL's service center in Elkhart... only half of the stuff was properly fixed.
Our major problems occurred after the 1-year warranty. I either fixed it myself or used independent RV service companies.

We purchased from a US wholesaler & the savings were in the high teen thousands. If it had only been a $3-5K difference, we would of bought locally.

If you are going to import a unit, go to the RIV website to understand the guidelines for importing.

CS

caissiel

I like being out of warranty, if it breaks I fix it so it will not break again. Same the agravation of dealers telling me to wait for an apointment and driving the unit there. The appliances have their own warranty anyway.

The hinges on the extension table broke on the last trip, I will repair it so it will hold the heavy section that the wimpy hinges tried to.