The Dome - Mosquito & pet control - Sealing the edges & under the MPG?

Sounder10

How does the Dome attach to the MPG at the MGP wall and across the bottom? Is it bug proof ?
We have ordered a Dome with our new MPG 181 and we are hoping to use this "room" in the mosquito season. Also, our indoor cat will be travelling with us and we would like to let him free in the Dome. Sealing the bottom edge along the front & across the sides looks practical. However, from the forum photos it looks like the connection to the wall of the MPG and the space under the MPG are open - is this true?
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

MPG185-GA

We have the dome and have used it several times.....a few thoughts:

1. It was not made for the body of the MPG so consequently it "fits" sort of....There will be gaps on each end as the curvature of the MPG makes a good fit difficult. I use shock chords to pull it as tight as possible around the edges of the MPG. You can make it "bug tight".....just takes a few accessories.
2. It comes with a separate bottom screen section. The bottom piece needs to be cut into at least three sections to fit around the wheel, behind the step and along the frame rail. I use some strong magnets to attach it to the frame.
3. You need a step ladder or something tall enough to move it along the track. Also, you must be careful as during setup it can come out of the track on the ends as the dome is much longer than the track.
4. I added a center post at the main entrance. If you have the dome stretch out tight to prevent rain from collecting, the main zipper door becomes very difficult to operate. With the additional support at the middle...problem solved.
5. The placement of the outside support beams to the outside edges of the MPG has to be placed precisely as they just barely fit.
6. Spray some silicon lubricant into the track prior to sliding in the dome...works much better!!
7. Can be installed by one person, but having two will make it much, much, much easier.....

Overall we have enjoyed the dome. Been thru some decently strong storms with no issues. I have heard that these may come in different sizes and a smaller version may fit the MPG better.

ENJOY!​

Sounder10

Thanks for sharing your thoughts regarding the MPG Dome. We think we can make it work for our application. I have now also read your previous posts on the subject - your comments will be very helpful.