Wood or not?

chuck9997

I am looking at a few diffrent TT models.. including the EDGE M21. I have noticed most all trailers, that claim to be "light weight" "ultra-light".. or something like that.. have aluminum frame construction.. including the cross members on the roof and floor. Is this true with the EDGE?

Also.. when I look at pictures of some trailers.. showing the outside storage bay(s).. Some seem to have wood framed boxes in these areas. If you look in the bay of your EDGE.. what do you see?

The HEARTLAND/EDGE website doesn't say much about construction.

Seems to me.. the less wood... the better.

Ticaster

Generally it seems that the trailers that have fiberglass sides are aluminum frame construction and the ones with aluminum siding are wood frame construction. Not an expert, but certainly what I have observed. Based on that, I would say the edge is aluminum frame construction.

irvin56

look on the heartland rv site and click on weights and measures in the edge page. it states aluminum built.
they have a lot of info, just have to check every nook and kranny to find info

all the light weights (regardless who makes) are aluminum and fiberglass.

Yellowreef

Go on youtube and search for heartland edge, you will find a vide someone took of a unit being built at the factory. Its all aluminum framed. The wood framed "box" in the storage area covers the backside of the water heater in the M18, probably the same in the 21.