Royal Wedding

GOTTOYS

Phew am I tired! Peeked at the clock and it was 3:00 A.M. quickly got up to get ready to head downtown for the royal wedding party at a local British Pub. I didn't realize how much weight I had put on when I got into my tuxedo. My wife looked lovely in her gown and tiara. The scones and tea were very tasty....Then I woke up, headed to the bathroom and went back to bed....I wonder if they'll have a dollar dance or do the Hokey Pokey at the reception?? :angel:...Don

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Phew am I tired! Peeked at the clock and it was 3:00 A.M. quickly got up to get ready to head downtown for the royal wedding party at a local British Pub. I didn't realize how much weight I had put on when I got into my tuxedo. My wife looked lovely in her gown and tiara. The scones and tea were very tasty....Then I woke up, headed to the bathroom and went back to bed....I wonder if they'll have a dollar dance or do the Hokey Pokey at the reception?? :angel:...Don

Had me going there for awhile!

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
It's hard for me to believe all the HOOOPLAH over a wedding in England. Didn't we run them out of the US about 1775 or so?? Prince William looked like one of the wooden nutcrackers we put out at Christmas time. The "ROYALS" and who elected them to be "ROYAL'S". I'm just glad it's over....tired of hearing about it.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
My thoughts also! My wife had to record it. Glad she watched it while I was at work.

dieselsweetheart

I know what you are saying...but still, it was nice. I am one who got up early 30 years ago to watch Diana and Chuck get married and this wedding was soooo different... I wish them well but looking forward to leaving them alone now....

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I thought we broke with the Brits in 1776. Maybe we have a royal family after all. For the life of me I cannot understand how the news media can devote 24 hours of coverage to a royal wedding when we have hundreds of people killed and thousands of people in our own county being affected by violent tornadoes. Seems like their priorities are screwed up again.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I was going to start a thread about this subject. Wasn't sure how that would go over here.

The ones that like this type of thing are most women. It goes back to the days they were a little girl. All little girls was reading the stories about getting their prince.

My thoughts have been:
The "Royals" don't have a last name or they don't use it.
The people with their taxes support the elaborate life style of the "Royals".
Can you imagine all the expense that has been on the coverage of this wedding and I'm thinking of all the countries other than England.
Why don't they show the wedding of other countries dignitaries. Japan, Germany, Russia, China, Spain, Denmark, Italy ?
Why does the news media think everyone in the US wants to watch the wedding.

BC

GOTTOYS

It was reportedly only 34 million....Such a deal..What does this guy do for a living?...Don

Moose

It was harmless. I didn't watch it but I wouldn't deny those that wanted to.

With all the crappy news on 24/7/365 it's a little break.

Having said that I didn't watch Donald Trump and his organic hair either. LoL

tmcran

It was harmless. I didn't watch it but I wouldn't deny those that wanted to.

With all the crappy news on 24/7/365 it's a little break.

Having said that I didn't watch Donald Trump and his organic hair either. LoL

But at least "Donald the Hair" is a joke and doesn't last all day. LOL.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Did anyone see the outfit that the Queen Mother was wearing??? She looked like Pac-Man. Heard 16 mil just for security. Now that you brought it up....what is their last name??? Maybe they have been in power soooo long they forgot. At least they bring some fresh blood lines now and then. If they didn't, the next generation might 3 eyes.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I found a number of websites that give information about the last name used by the British Royal Family.

This one gave good information and the same as others I read. Royal Family Name

It looks like they could use Windsor, or Mountbatten-Windsor, or Wales, or nothing at all.
Most of the children have used Mountbatten-Windsor.

FWIW
BC

archbarb

Agree to all the above. For the life of me, I just don't see the big deal. I would love to express more, but the DW might read and make for a very long weekend!!!!!

Archie

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
If it wasn't for them we wouldn't have the saying ,"you are a royal pain in the _ _ _ ! "

dieselsweetheart

Harry and William go by the last name of Wales. It's on their helmets (we have seen photos of them in their military uniforms). Harmless. Yes it is. It was their money to spend...it was their time... they shared. That's fine....and TXBob..."for the ladies"....uh...ok....I'll go with that. I never dreamed of marrying a prince but Disney certainly promotes that theme. The queen looked cheery in her yellow...much better than the blue she wore for Chuck and Diana's... I think overall it was a great day for them. I just hope the media doesn't do to her what they did to Diana...although I'm sure William won't put up with that. They have laws now to protect them.

What I REALLY want to know is.... where are the other countries helping US now that much of our country has been devastated by tornadoes, fires, etc. When does the $$$ start rolling in? When should we expect the planes filled with volunteers to land?

irvin56

What I REALLY want to know is.... where are the other countries helping US now that much of our country has been devastated by tornadoes, fires, etc. When does the $$$ start rolling in? When should we expect the planes filled with volunteers to land?

Words truely spoken. I think obama needs to seek other countries help. NOW,its time to return some favors, or cut help to others!!!

rvn4fun

I can't believe the news coverage today, Saturday, on tv is still on this wedding. One of the biggest natural disasters in our nations history has occured here at home, and all we here on tv is about the dress. No wonder people are turning away from news programs. I wouldn't have even heard about the tornados in the southeren states if it wasn't for the weather channel.