camping in Ga

Ronald Pagel

Prospector
Has anyone been camping at Dahlonega ga?? Where is the best place to camp.
Judy and I are heading up there on Friday 30th of this month.:) :) :) :)

HappyKayakers

I'm not sure if there's an actual CG in Dahlonega. It's actually a very small town and can be totally experienced in a day. However, north GA is full of stuff to do. You could camp at Amicalola Falls SP (the southern terminus of the Appalacian Trail), find a campground near Helen, GA (which is also a good 1 day visit), or go to Unicoi State Park, just outside Helen.

ct0218

We stayed in one just outside of the town about 7-8 years ago, I don't remember the name other than xxxx Resort. It was very nice though, and there should be quite a few in that area. That's the site of the eastern gold rush, and there is still a lot of recreational gold panning there.

C

Chulinw

If you can go to Helen, GA make sure you visit the Cabage Patch Doll factory. It is great and the area is great to visit and you will loe the area before you depart. The Amicalola Falls SP is great place to stay like HappyKayakers said. Noth Georgia is a great place to visit and take in some of the Appalication Trail in the fall if you can and see the great colors of fall. I go to Maggie Valley for Blue Grass music and shows.
Visit the Smokey mtns parks while in the area.

BluegrassMan

Hey Chulinw:

YEY !!! Someone here likes Bluegrass music (our only TRUE American artform). just wanted to say hey....