not exactly a trailer mod, but

herefishy

Anybody have a good method of locking up their 2000 Honda gen in the truck bed? They're so light anyone could walk off with them, but would sure like to have it in the bed.

GOTTOYS

There is a steel strap that will cover the plastic handle making it hard to cut through it. As it is now you can cut the handle with a bowsaw or hack saw and walk off with it if it's chained down. Look on the internet and you can find the strap. There is no solution. Keep it hidden, chain it up and don't advertise that you have one..Don

Riverman

We always just wrap a plastic covered cable through the generator handle and the trucks tie down.
That stops the "honest" thieves.
If they want it bad enough, nothing will stop them.

pegmikef

I've got a pair of the hondas, but I have a cap so it is no big deal. A friend of mine with a fiver had a rack made and welded in one corner of the bed with a lockable steel rail that holds his generator in place. It was custom made to fit his generator.

Wharton

We had a diamond plate box made, bolted to the bed of the truck and a locking lid. We elected to have the box made just for storage thought we could have had it made so that we could run the generator from the box. Keeps the generator out of sight which is most of the potential problem.