Sundance floorplans, rear entertainment center

duke

We have been looking at the Sundance and like the trailer very much. The issues we have are: we want to keep the weight down and thus were looking at single slide, And rear entertainment center like the Jayco Jflight 30.5 RLS. WE were wondering if Heartland is considering this floor plan in the future? We know you can't always get everything and were considering the 2700RL , again to keep the weight down but after looking at the booth dinette we were very unhappy. The booth setup is not good at all. With a single slide we would need the storage the booth provides.Again, I hate to be negative but that booth is not very comfortable at all. Short back and small. That leave us with the 2800RLS, increasing the weight and having to go with the table and chairs. Still like the unit but really like the floorplan with the tv in the rear.allows the sofabed to be out and still have access to the door without going over the sofabed as in the 2800rls. and everything is accessable with the slide in. As in the 2800. Still like the product very much, hate to give up everything we thought we wanted in a floorplan. We still might. Thought I should provide some of our thoughts along with the question : is Heartland thinking of a rear entertainment center like the Jflight 30.5 RLS. This might help support some thought at Heartland. Thanks ! Duke

roazo

Sundance Owner
Have you looked at an 3300SK. Sounds like what you are looking for except for the weight and tripple slides. I think you would like the openess of the unit.

duke

I have looked at the 3200es and the3300sk, nice but I don't want three slides and the weight that goes with them. Was looking and hoping for a single slide or double slide with the rear entertainment center like the 30.5 Jflight. Thanks for all the replys. The forum here is really GREAT. I am sure this will help Heartland with quality issues. Hopegully the read the forum and take action. This will create a very strong company as time goes on. I retired from a GREAT company that cared for the customer and that was part of my job. Keep the customer happy and the rest will take care of it's self. IBM

duke

Sundance rear entertainment center

Hi Scott, I have emailed jleonard but haven't heard anything. I am sure he is busy with a lot of other issues.Thanks for the info. Duke

fishn2dmax

Duke, I'm looking for the EXACT same floor plan as you described and for the same reasons. We've really like the Rear entertainment floor plans similar to the Jayco 30.5 RLS the Terry 295RLS the Laredo 29RE and the Crossroads Cruiser CF29RE and the new Wildcat 32CKRL. If Sundance were to come out with a rear entertainment model with a mid-entry, and not much longer in length than 32', we will have found our trailer! Please post as soon as you hear back from Heartland!!!
I have my fingers crossed this is 2 slide RE floor plan we've been all looking for.

duke

sundance rear entertainment center

glad to hear someone else likes this floorplan. We are ready too make a trailer change, just can't find all the things we want in one unit. We like the 30.5 rls Jayco jflight but doesn't provide some nice features of the Sundance. We like the Sundance deatures such as the blackwater flush, short bed compatilality(verynice feature) but aren't sure about the quality. We also like the Sunnybrook Brookside very nice but don't have the short bed feature or the layout, does have quality and the slide will come in without moving any chairslike yo have to do in the 2800rls. hate to spend money for things that aren't what you want,, I know I can't have everything , guess something has got'a give! HA!

ChopperBill

I wish ALL the manufactures would work on designing good looking, functional shorter trailers. I never in the world thought I would buy one as long as the 3055 but looking at the offerings I had to look for longer units. I double tow so a 30 foot trailer would be plenty. Just didn't like the floor plans available in those lengths.

duke

rear entertainment center

I just went to the Wildcat site but did not see a 32ckrl. Where did you see this new floorplan? Thanks

fishn2dmax

Duke,

You'll find it on the Western floorplans. I live in the Rockies, so I looked at only the Western floor plans ( I think they come out of Oregon). You'll find the 32CKRL there.

It sounds like you and I are looking at the same trailers and wanting the same thing. We want a rear entertainment area so we don't have to step over a bed ( rear entry units) should we have someone stay with us. We're selling our bunk house 5'er since the girls are in college now and don't go camping with us much. We liked the Sunnybrook brookside, but it to didn't have the right floor plan and a few things on it really dissappointed ( no light above the mirror at the vanity) Small top kitchen cabinets. No ceiling vent in living area, Small frame , just to mention a few little quirks. I think Sunnybrook is a quality trailer, but they really cut too many basic features on the Brookside and it has very limited options. We liked the Jayco, 30.5 RLS but it to has too many issues. NO COUNTER SPACE!!! No cabinet storage space. Limited wardrobe space and what in the Heck were they thinking putting the water heater in the already lacking lower kitchen cabinets? The Jayco will require a slider hitch. We liked the Laredo 29RE, but my brother has one already and my wife refuses to buy the exact same trailer, so we keep looking. My short list is down to Sundace 2900 MK, or the Cruiser CK29RE. For some reason, I like the looks and feel of the Sundace over the Cruiser? I'm really hoping Sundance will come out with a less than a 32' single or double slide rear entertainment model or I'll probably have to go with the Cruiser or (the heavier than I wanted) Sundace 2900 MK triple side.
Let us know if you hear anything back from Heartland on a RE model.
Thanks
GS

fishn2dmax

Duke,

I received an e-mail response from Heartland. There is a new Sundance floor plan coming out soon ( can be ordered now). The model number is a 3012RE. I recieved some pictures of the prototype trailer rear section. It looked very interesting how you can mix and match seating arrangements around the rear entertainment center. The pictures only showed the rear entertainment and seating areas, so I'm still waiting for the overall floorplan, but from what I could tell it is a 3 slide unit and WOW is it different than all the other " rear entertainment mid entry model floorplan on the market! :eek: The entertainment center extends across the whole back of the unit with two seating area slides on both sides and adjacent to the entertainment center. What is interesting is the different seating options available. In one picture ( option) they show a huge "U" shaped sofa or you can elect recliner chairs. Across from the this area is a standard couch with the option for a hide-a-bed or you could have reclineres in this area as well? Basically, it's looks to me like a big "family room" you can configure they way you like, all centered around HUGE rear entertainment center. I'm thinking a big plasma HDTV display back there would be the cat's meow! :) Again, I don't have the front detail or the kitchen layout, or any specifications. But if the coach it's around 32' long ( Based on the model number) not too heavy and similar to the other Sundance mid entry bedroom floorplans, this could be the floor plan we've been waiting for?

Dave is sending me a fax of the actual floorplan. I'll share the 3012 floorplan detail, once I receive it.

G.S.