Special Request to all my Heartland Owner Friends

DW_Gray

Please evaluate FifthWheelSt.com/index.htm

This an exclusive request to all Heartland owners. I have developed a website geared toward RV Safety by providing an online calculator, printable worksheets and safety report for RVers, farmers and ranchers who tow fifth wheel or gooseneck trailers. Fifth Wheel St. simplifies the procedure of weighing your truck and trailer accurately in 4 simple steps.

While there are some ongoing improvements, I would appreciate you taking 5 minutes or so to evaluate my website. I'm open to any comments and criticisms. You may access my site at the link below. I hope to go live soon.

http://fifthwheelst.com/index.htm

Thank you in advance.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Re: Please evaluate FifthWheelSt.com/index.htm

Dave, Nice Job! I only browsed around a bit and it seems pretty thorough. I didn't go into the trailer weight guide too far and noticed only current year on GM trucks. Will you have prior years available in the future?
I liked the scale locater and the weight calculator. Thanks for the link.

danemayer

Nice design. Very clean and the content looks like it will be very helpful. If it's possible to add information about risks of exceeding various specs, that might be a big plus.

plumberdude

hey dave,
good job. you see to many trailers (pull or fifth) not looking to good going down the road.
will you be posting this on other forums?sob drivers need this need this badly.
keep up the good work.
pat

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member

Looks like you have done a great job and should benefit many. Keep it up! and thanks.

SilverRhino

Great job Dave! Like the links.....the spreadsheets for running calculations are really nice.....this helps making weighing your rig so simple that everyone should be able to do it.

I am always shocked at the rigs I see in the parks that are over weight for the tow vehicle being used......I have to share the road with these people, and that scares me!

Great Job......Thanks for sharing.

Moose

Nice work and thanks for doing this.

Hope Santa leaves something extra for you this year.

All the best.

DW_Gray

Dave, Nice Job! I only browsed around a bit and it seems pretty thorough. I didn't go into the trailer weight guide too far and noticed only current year on GM trucks. Will you have prior years available in the future?
I liked the scale locater and the weight calculator. Thanks for the link.

Ray, I was on the phone the other day with a GM Customer Service Rep. GM/Chevy do a poor job at providing older model information online. There is an option to access it but it's not as simple as I want it to be. I will be providing a link for that.

DW_Gray

Nice design. Very clean and the content looks like it will be very helpful. If it's possible to add information about risks of exceeding various specs, that might be a big plus.

I'm working on that content this week. Interestingly, the insurance companies I've contacted and asked a few important questions hasn't responded.

DW_Gray

hey dave,
good job. you see to many trailers (pull or fifth) not looking to good going down the road.
will you be posting this on other forums?sob drivers need this need this badly.
keep up the good work.
pat

Yes, I will be posting on other forums when I go live. I just want my Heartland friends to evaluate and provide some feedback for now.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador

Nice job Dave...now, if it could just tell me how to "lighten the load" in the trailer, it would be perfect!! Spent the winter "cleaning it out" and we're still over...oh well, at least the new truck can handle much more than the trailer actually weighs...:eek:

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired

Dave, looks very useful and user friendly. Alot of good info in one place, instead of searching around. Good job.

DW_Gray

Nice job Dave...now, if it could just tell me how to "lighten the load" in the trailer, it would be perfect!! Spent the winter "cleaning it out" and we're still over...oh well, at least the new truck can handle much more than the trailer actually weighs...:eek:

I know what you mean. I've been doing the same so I could make room for our new Baby Cyclone (Smart Car). I guess I have to set the example.
New-Baby.jpg

irvin56

great job. :cool:

Thanks

Can you haul baby with you? enought room in garage? will floor hold it weight wise ?
Irvin

DW_Gray

great job. :cool:

Thanks

Can you haul baby with you? enough room in garage? will floor hold it weight wise ?
Irvin

Irvin, it's not a problem. The garage is weight limit is 2,500 pounds and is 8 X 12 feet. Baby Cyclone weighs 1,800 pounds and is 8 feet long.

Razduck

Great looking site and info. I can't wait to get the BC hooked up and to our local scale for the weights needed to totally utilize this site...Thanks!!

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter

Dave, GM does have an issue with listing weights at time. But every truck comes with an owners manual. They are very specific in the manual as to the ratings by truck model (1500 2500 3500), engine, trans and etc.

DW_Gray

Dave, GM does have an issue with listing weights at time. But every truck comes with an owners manual. They are very specific in the manual as to the ratings by truck model (1500 2500 3500), engine, trans and etc.

I was able to use the GM Owners site to get the PDF files for GMC and Chevrolet trucks and are now available on my site. Dodge does not include the detail in Owner's Manual that GM does. Fortunately, Dodge and Ford provide user friendly towing guides online.