hotwater tank

rd105

our hotwater tank doesn't cycle properly. When first turn on comes on , but after the hot water has been used it doesn't turn back on . HELP

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hi rd105, welcome to the forum.
Let my try and get this straight. After you use hot water the water heater does not heat again? How did you determine that is does not come back on?
Are you having this problem using electric or LP?

Peace
Dave

rd105

I answered this already , so forgive me if this is a duplicate, but on top of everything else trying to figure out how to navigate the sit. My wife was cleaning up after supper, and about half a hour later or so went to shower , only to discover no hot water. turn the switch off and back on . Went outside to check and sure enough it had come on. Buy the way brand new camper.

jpajax

I'll ask the question so Dave want have a duplicate question. Are you useing electric or lp.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
If it is new and under warranty get it to the dealer for the warranty repair. MHO

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Is it possible this is the first time you've used the trailer or the hot water? I'm thinking air in the LP lines or the OPD valve on the LP bottle may need to be reset. Also check the 12 volt supply fuse to the water heater. You should have received an owners guide in the package of booklets and stuff from Heartland, Look for the Hot Water heater book and follow the troubleshooting guide. There are many possibilities.

rd105

Thanks everyone for your concerns and advice. its a lp and electric we are using the lp. Yes its new so it was the first time we used it . I know it is still under warranty but like to figure it out. thanks everyone ron

Ray LeTourneau

Thanks everyone for your concerns and advice. its a lp and electric we are using the lp. Yes its new so it was the first time we used it . I know it is still under warranty but like to figure it out. thanks everyone ron
Ron, please follow up and let everyone know what the problem ended up being. It may help others with similar questions. Thanks!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
One last thing to check is the circuit board that is taped to the backside of the water heater. There is a plug to it that may come loose and then the water heater is out of action. Had that happen with our former TT when the tape came loose from the foam insulation of the tank.

rd105

i will do all the suggested things this weekend and let you all know what it is "hopefully"

thanks ron

rd105

update... I QUIT !!! checked everything . works dont work. Works when we first turned it on , then did dishes and cleaned, and didnt come back on. left it on all night , and no hot` water. Turned it off and back on. Few minutes later boom , few minutes later boom. Thought it was the guy next store , went out side and boom. Water tank !!! just shut it down . No shower . AWGH. Its new under warranty so hopefully they will figure it out.

tmcran

update... I QUIT !!! checked everything . works dont work. Works when we first turned it on , then did dishes and cleaned, and didnt come back on. left it on all night , and no hot` water. Turned it off and back on. Few minutes later boom , few minutes later boom. Thought it was the guy next store , went out side and boom. Water tank !!! just shut it down . No shower . AWGH. Its new under warranty so hopefully they will figure it out.

Are u saying the water heater is making a " boom" sound? Like blowing up?

rd105

Well, not to sound overly dramatic but yah. I think the gas came on prior to the ignitor. Not really sure . Kinda disheartning for a new unit.

rd105

back at camp , turned it on , and came on . When it was time to recycle i watched it , it is def finetly a swoosh , boom my have been overly dramatic. But how ever you describe the noise it appears to be getting to much propane , almost blowing itself out . Anyways service is coming out on 23rd maybe we will get a answer.
:(:(

Ray LeTourneau

rd105, a few days sgo you mentioned your water heater was both LP & Electric. Can you use the electric to heat water until service arrives?