Day/Night Shade missing from 1 window?

Schultz14

We took our new Sundance out Saturday for a one night shakedown trip. We brought it home a couple weeks ago but this was our first chance to take her out. A couple of items came up, first we noticed that the window next to the kitchen sink has a simple white metal shade. The rest of the coach has day/night shades. This window by the sink has the little plastic day/night sting holders on the bottom as if the window may have had a day/night shade originally installed. So my question is, if a heartland coach comes with day/night shades will all windows have them?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
This is a brand new 2011 3100 ES.
Thanks,
Augie

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Our 3400 was the same way back in 2007. I'm not sure of the reasoning behind but it may have something to do with moisture or food preparation near the window? Easier to clean splashes off of a metal blind instead of a fabric shade. The plastic holders should align with holes in the bottom rail of the blind.

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
Ray is correct. They put the blind there because of the moisture and heat. The day and night shades would show moisture and heat stains.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I have never seen a day/night shade in a kitchen, just the blinds. Could be a fire hazard also.

Schultz14

Lee, Ray...Thanks for the quick replies! This forum is giving me some confidence. First item that went wrong Saturday was the landing gear won’t move in either direction. I retracted them too far. I ran into the house and got on the forum, a couple minutes later I was back outside pulling the little 30 amp fuse behind the battery AND marking the landing gear so I know where to safely stop.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
Augie

ncc1701e

The use of of something other than a day/night shade is pretty standard over the sink. This is the second trailer we've had from different dealers and the answer from both was the same. The shades used are more for fire protection than anything else if the the range is close to the window.

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
Schultz I took some Black Spray Paint and painted a line at the site I wanted to stop. I also took White Paint and painted the jaws on the hitch so that I could tell in a hurry if they were closed on the Pin. Welcome to the forum and the owner ship of a Sundance. You will love it. Happy Camping.

pegmikef

I bought my NT26LRSS from a dealer (instead of ordering one) and the blind on the sink window was touted as an upgrade.

pegmikef

Ur probably right. It was just listed on a piece of paper that had all the so-called upgrades (e.g., electric jacks, black reefer panels, 15 vice 13.5 k btu A/C, etc.) . . . anyway we are happy with it and we had already made the deal before I saw that piece of paper.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Peg, HL has a "build/MSRP sheet" for all its trailers. It lists the standard stuff, forced options and the add-ons available. They are called, in your case, "North Trail Package". A Big Horn's package is call "king of the Mountain". Best I can explain it.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
All windows in RV's that are within close proximity to the stove will have a metal shade...I'm pretty sure it has something to do with RVIA code and making sure nothing catches fire...