ATF: North Trail - Do not know what this switch does

nwcamper

There is a light switch on the panel that has the slide and awning switches on it but I cannot figure out what this switch is for.

Any ideas?

GaryWT

On my 30QOK, that switch turns on the inside lights in the main part of the camper, in mine it turns on 3 or 4 lights. Each light can also be turned off by the switch on the light, not sure if yours is the same.

Ticaster

If your model trailer has an outside kitchen, it is probably the switch for the microwave. They cannot both run at the same time, so the switch turns one off and the other on. At least that is the way it is on my 29BUDS.
Chris

pegmikef

Are you sure it is a light switch? The switch for my hot water heater is in the same panel as the awning and slide switches. It is something like awning, slider, and hot water heater. The switch is red and lights up when in the on position.

Ticaster

Clearly these switches and their location in the trailers are not standard.
Hope you were able to figure out what your switch actually operates:rolleyes:

nwcamper

Are you sure it is a light switch? The switch for my hot water heater is in the same panel as the awning and slide switches. It is something like awning, slider, and hot water heater. The switch is red and lights up when in the on position.

pegmikef nailed it. I should have been more specific about type of switch I was talking about.

Thanks all for the replies.

nwcamper

So if i have not switched the heater from propane to electric at the back of the water heater the switch inside the trailer will not do anything?

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
So if i have not switched the heater from propane to electric at the back of the water heater the switch inside the trailer will not do anything?

The switch outside on the HWH and the inside switch BOTH have to be on to heat with the electric element. For really quick hot water you can run both electric and propane when hyou first set up.

pegmikef

Gee, I don't really know because I have never messed with any other switch. They had it set up when I picked it up and we run it almost exclusively on electric unless I'm on generator power then we use propane. I figure why burn my gas when I'm paying for the electricity anyway.

GaryWT

My switch for hot water is on the wall outside the bedroom. I was told that they outside and inside switch had to be on for it to work on electric. I was also told it would not run on both gas and electric but was not sure why it wouldn't, other trailers do.

Glad you figured it out.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Gary, you can run both at the same time. Most people turn the switch on at the water heater and just leave it on. We use the switch inside to turn the WH on and off. We do and we have had the BH for almost 4 years.