Birds

Deedee

I have a Robin, who has insisted on building it's nest in where the awning is rolled up. Unfortunately it is right directly over the door, bird poop everywhere. I never thought it would be possible to build a nest there. How do I get rid of it? I can hear the bird hitting the side of the filth wheel constantly, very annoying.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
While this may sound cruel, just remove the nest by hand. The Robin might try to build another but you might be able to change it's mind by buying a plastic predator type bird like an Owl and set it on the roof for a few days. The Robis will eventually build in another neighborhood.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We have a similar problem with the Mockingbirds. They like the opening in the rear of the kingpin. One day I removed the makings of the nest 6 times. I finally put some duct tape over the opening. Problem solved. Be inventive and also be glad it is birds and not hornets or bees.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We had bees in our kingpin housing after they relocated from the picnic table at a park that we stayed at last summer. Some bee spray got rid of them and although they still flew around the front of the trailer for a day or two, the bee nest never returned.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Not related to the trailer... But our neighbors had Barn Swallows build a mud nest under their front patio cover. This year, the neighbors propped a push-broom up there, so they could not easily fly in and out... guess where they built their nest instead? ... Duck when you walk up my sidewalk, they WILL dive-bomb you....

Erika

Deedee

I am still having issues with these Robins. They are bouncing off my windows feet first. My windows are tinted, so they are seeing their reflections. They are attacking themselves. I just don't know what to do about it. I don't want to have to cover my windows. Any suggestions would be welcomed. :)

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I think I would try what Ray suggested and put up an owl or other predator to frighten them away. They should see this and avoid the area. You might try to locate one at a Tractor Supply or feed store.

traveler44

I don't know why some birds are crazy that way. We had a robin that attacked our truck and a couple of other vehicles here. He would fly into the side of them and he made quite a mess all up and down the side of them. Down in florida we had a crazy cardinal that kept hitting the side of ours and then our neighbors trailers. Tom M.