Question for anyone that installed a roof mount Sat Tracker

BC1of38

I Have the dual wire sat prep, that part is easy. For those of you who have done this, where did you run to for power?

My thought is to go through the Styrofoam ceiling insulation (above the ceiling panels) from the bedroom speaker to the overhead cabinets and get power there.

I would love to hear what others did.

The unit is a 2012 Big Country 3450TS and the tracker is a Winegard SK1000

Thanks!

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
BC, there might be 12 Volts where the coax's are in the roof. Might give HL service a call and find out just where the 12 Volt power is. You only need the 12 V's to find the satelitte signal. After that you can turn it off. I installed the Winegrad portable ladder mount on mine. The kit came with a 12 V rocker switch and plate. I mounted it in the front closet. Took some work but works for me.

BC1of38

BC, there might be 12 Volts where the coax's are in the roof. Might give HL service a call and find out just where the 12 Volt power is. You only need the 12 V's to find the satelitte signal. After that you can turn it off. I installed the Winegrad portable ladder mount on mine. The kit came with a 12 V rocker switch and plate. I mounted it in the front closet. Took some work but works for me.

I checked for power there, none found. the winegard traveler is a 12 volt system but has a power pack that plugs into 110 AC.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
If you can get to a ceiling lite...you can get 12V there. I installed an inline 5 amp fuse in mine. Just to be on the safe side. I got my 12V from the fuse panel...has 3 empty spots. Believe it or not, its not hard to run wires thru the walls. Sent you a PM. Bob