led lites

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
does heartland have led lites for their north trail campers?

I don't think HL puts LED Lights on any of their trailers. We had changed ours to LED and it is nice to be able to pick the LED lights that you want. We changed Brake/Turn and all running lights on our 3055 and it is now a pending project on our 3185.

APT

The Edge line uses LED exterior lighting, but I don't think they are compatible with the North Trail. Fortunately, the NT uses standard automotive bulbs that can be replaced with LED bulbs.

pegmikef

Is there an advantage to using the led lights in place of the regular bulbs? We had them on our Edge, but our NT has the old style.

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
pegmikef... the led light bulbs are a cleaner brighter light that uses a lot less amps, so less battery drain. They also have a very long life span.

bikerbob

Hello>> Are we talking about Running Lites brakes lites ect. or inside and outside lights. As i would like to change mine out as they burn out or buy a few and change a few and see how we like them.... thanks Great Posts Luv Ta Read Them......Keep Cruising>>>>>

P.S. Where is a good place purchase these LED lights?

ccupton

My 2011 305 rw came with LED tail lights only. I have changed out all the clearance lights to match. Its a same they don't do that at the factory.It lights up the coach much better for safety.

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
BikerBob.... Both inside and or outside. Not sure about best place to buy, but I am going to Frys Electronics later today and will check if they have them.
Google search might work also.

pegmikef

Are we talking about replacing the whole fixtures or just the bulbs for the exterior running/signal lights?

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
just the bulbs.... I believe they are all (automotive) 1141 bulbs, at leaset I know the interior and brake light bulbs on my 21fbs are.

pegmikef

Bret, here's a couple of links I found, but I have no idea what I'm looking for.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=%2Ftail-brake-turn.html

http://shop.hidcountry.com/LED_Bulbs_s/152.htm?gclid=CM_t_cWy1qgCFcOd7QodCVOegA

It looks like there are a lot of options and the more leds, the more they cost. The prices look about the same at each site. One offers two per package and the other 1 per package (if I read it right).

Also, there is a good writeup on replacing standard bulbs with led bulbs on the first link.

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
Thanks pegmikef... I stopped at an advance auto parts today and he referred me to a Loves Travel Stop, they had the 1157 replacement bulbs for about $6.50 per bulb / pkg of 2. The 1157 repaces the tail/stop light and the 1141s are for interior, they didn't have any of the 1141 replacements. Thanks for the link.