Landmark Question

lvstotrvl

Good Evening...
Has anyone heard if there is a problem with the 2011 Landmark? The reason I ask is we have been searching the internet & have found two 2011 Landmark Grandcanyons for sale & both are used? It just seems so strange that I was wondering if Heartland was having a problem. Also it seems to me if there is a problem they would be under warranty & why would you sell? Is Heartland hard to work with? Any info. you have would be appreciated...
Thanks Anne & Bill

branson4020

Icantre Member
Anne & Bill,

I don't think there is any problem with Landmarks. In Heartland's screwy year-model numbering scheme, a 2011 coach could be a year and half old. There's plenty of year-old used coaches out there from all manufacturers.

brianharrison

No problems with my Grand Canyon.

There are quite a lot of other manufacturer high end fifth wheels for sale as well - economy is to blame, IMHO.

Heartland is one of the better manufacturers to work with, in my experiences - this forum and their participation/connection with owners (search for user jbeletti) is a good example; also the "Ask the Factory" section is invaluable!.

My $0.02.

Take care,
Brian

Jellystone

lvstotrvl, the RV market is really kind of strange. Folks are always buying, selling, tradeing up, tradeing down, etc. Some people decide after 9 or 10 months that they want a bigger unit or a smaller unit. Others buy a unit, then decide they don't like the "camping thing" anymore. And of course, there are plenty of financial reasons why people sell off newer units not long after purchasing them. As far as Heartland RV company, they have a wonderful network of people that design, build, and sell quality RV's as well as provide service after the sale. Every RV will have it's share of problems from any manufacturer. Let's face it, these units are built to be light weight and sell at a reasonable (?) price. Good luck in your RV search.

lvstotrvl

Thanks to all of you for responding, I never realized how often people trade in their rigs. As you can see we have had ours since 2001.We are still trying to decide between the Big Horn & the Landmark. Our dealer has both so we will see them side by side next week....
Anne & Bill