Pulsating Brakes on our M23

kurtmcq

I picked up our new M23 a couple of weeks ago and noticed that the brakes pulsated. It was a too familiar feeling from driving VW's back in the late 70's. I have had 3 previous trailers that did it a little but nothing like our new Edge. After 1500 miles were going nuts!

BTW, it doesnt do it when the blinker is on (not wiring related) and it only annoying at slow stops. It vibrates so fast at high speed stops you cant really feel it.

Instead of taking it back to the dealer and "dealing" with them I was thinking of converting it to disk and or troubleshooting it myself. Unfortunately there are no specifications for the axles or brakes in the factory literature. Who is the supplier?:(

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Could be Dexter axles. Call HL service with your VIN# and they should be able to tell you. The problem is one of 2 things. Out of round brake drums or your brake controller. The statement about the turn signals being on makes me think that you have a issue with the controller or the wiring. It seems to me that the turn signals are taking some of the current away from the brakes. Are the T/S and brake lites on the same bulb?? If they are...then your problem lies there.

lwmcguir

Could be Dexter axles. Call HL service with your VIN# and they should be able to tell you. The problem is one of 2 things. Out of round brake drums or your brake controller. The statement about the turn signals being on makes me think that you have a issue with the controller or the wiring. It seems to me that the turn signals are taking some of the current away from the brakes. Are the T/S and brake lites on the same bulb?? If they are...then your problem lies there.

I thnk Bob is right, you have a wiring problem.