ATF: MPG - TV Installation

We just picked up our new MPG 181 today and are really excited to use it. We would like to install a flat screen TV, however, there were no references to TV installation in the materials/manuals we received. Any recommendations/suggestions regarding installation/mounting for a TV?

jimtoo

Hi TSchultzJr

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I'm sorry I can't help you with the info you need, but someone from the Heartland Family will be in soon to give you some help.

Meanwhile,,enjoy the forum and hope you make many great memories with you new MPG.

Jim M

mlo166

TV installation was VERY EASY.... determine the screen / tv size you would like to use, LG makes an excellent thin model, and you need a lite universal wall mount. I used additional 1/2 board trimmed and glued to the back of the dividing wall for extra stiffness for the wall mount. We sometimes pull our 185 on rough roads and didn't want the wall mount and tv dislodging while traveling. (or, use a "quick" disconnect for removing the tv screen to prevent excessive loads on the wall mount while traveling). I also grommetted a 1" drilled hole through the shelf for stringing the wiring adapters from the tv to the sound center. To access the console cables, the sound center console can be removed with a long shaft phillips screwdriver after pulling the 2 vertical plastic side panels out from the console. Any car sound system person can do this for you. BTW, LG tv was $110, wall adapter was $30, ... your RV dealer will probably charge you a premium labor rate and retail costs of the tv and mount. Our RV dealer wanted $250 for materials and labor was extra.

see my other mods here.... somewhere on this forum...

Tom