Kitchen cupboard extension has been repaired on our 3500RL

caissiel

When we arrived from a 2000 miles return trip from florida we noticed that the extension on the end of the cupboard had broken both hinges and was flopping at the end of the support.
I then realized the weight of this top and figured there was no use just replacing the hinges.
Traveling fatigued the metal until it finely broke.

I proceded to buy a set of 3" door hinge that match the brown knobs and installed reinforcing to attach the hinges to the cupboard end and the top extension piece. after I installed the reiforcing parts I noticed the wimpy support build in the cupboard that was not reinforced holding this heavy part. I put many wood screws to support the whole end frame and panel that was dropping and coming apart due to the weight of the extension top.

I do not put the blame on any of Hartland manufacturing, but to the now standards we get when the modern decor takes priority over durability.

I see that in all new home standard and find it a shame that things have gone that way in our manufacturing standard in order to make things that look appealing.