Installing bathroom fixtures

Joe43

I am looking for information on installing and placement of bathroom fixtures, ie toilet paper holder, soap dish, cup holder. How can I be sure I don't hit any wires in the walls. Are there illustrations available that show where all of this should be installed.

Oh, should mention this is on a brand new Big Country 3450TS.

Thanks in advance.

rebootsemi

I am looking for information on installing and placement of bathroom fixtures, ie toilet paper holder, soap dish, cup holder. How can I be sure I don't hit any wires in the walls. Are there illustrations available that show where all of this should be installed.

Oh, should mention this is on a brand new Big Country 3450TS.

Thanks in advance.

Joe,

Some of the better household stud finders can detect live electrical wires in a wall, never tried mine on this trailer but I know it works great in a house with drywall. As far as a schematic on where the wires might, may or could be I think you are OTL.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You may want to reconsider mounting that stuff in your new Big Country. Many people use a freestanding TP holder and use either a soap dish or a pump type dispenser. Cup holder??
Just something to consider.

Peace
Dave

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I did mount a towel ring (not the OEM one) on the wall over the lavatory sink using a drywall molly and screw. It's pretty secure, but you do have to be careful to LIFT the towel off the ring and not PULL it off. Occasionally, I retighten it. The TP holder is free-standing, along with a TP supply canister nearby. You can find over the wall towel hangers at many home centers, too, to put over the shower stall walls.

Most, if not all, interior walls are hollow behind the 1/8" wall board. The exterior walls have styrofoam in them, but still nothing really structurally sound enough for mounting anything that will have force applied to it unless you can find a stud.

traveler44

We put ours up with sticky tape and glue and they have held up very well. Towel holder above the toilet. Toilet paper roller mounted on the shower stall glass next to the toilet. We use a shampoo dispenser on the plastic inside wall of the shower. One soap dish holder came in the shower and she taped and glued another one up. We just keep a soap pumper on the bathroom counter top. I found out that Gorilla glue deteriorates after about a year when one end of the toilet paper roller fell off but I put it back up with the gorilla SUPER glue and it is holding nicely. One thing we do after glueing is to hold things up with duct tape until the glue sets. Tom M.

JJnLilly

We too opted for a free standing TP holder and DW found a neat little soap dish for the sink stand. Just could not find a convenient place to mount one in our unit.

pegmikef

I attached a fir strip to the studs on the wall behind the commode and then mounted a two-towel towel rack on the fir strip. The towels hang separately one in front of the other. Like others in this thread, the other stuff is free standing.