ATF: North Trail - Shower floor

The front part of the shower floor on my 2011 22FBS feels like there is nothing under it. near the walls and center it feels solid. Is this normal?

TeJay

Remove the access door in front of the shower. Determine the central location of the flexing. Do one of two things. Put a piece of wood in that location but leave about 1/2" of space between the shower floor and the top of the wood. Place a lot of silicone into that 1/2" space and allow it to cure for 2-3 days. Thick silicone take time to cure. The silicone will keep the wood in place but still allow some flexing. I found some dense foam and placed (stuffed) it into the space achieving the same results but no curing time. Just using wood is difficult unless you have a planer to get wood at the correct thickness. Allowing some flexing or cushioning of the floor should be OK since HL was going to allow it to flex. We're small people (160-lbs) and the floor moves about an 1/8th of an inch.
I hope this helps to achieve a quality repair that you won't ever have to re-do. I just thought of something. Don't use silicone. If you ever had to get into that location to repair the drain you'd have a tuff time getting the silicone glued block out.

TeJay

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We had this issue in our 2008. Asked dealer to fix, they added some wood pieces, I believe (couldn't really see in there).

Was still not as solid as we would have liked, but was better than before. Lol!