Our Unit has been built!

We got the happy notification our new home is done!! We will be traveling to Michigan to pick her up on May 14th. It will take us about 3 days driving to get there, and we figure at least 5 days back for our 'shakedown' cruise. We saved over $25,000 by ordering thru our dealer and picking it up ourselves...and we're really surprised and frustrated that we couldn't find anyone LOCAL who could offer this same service for us. But for $25k, I'll travel!! Not only did we get a steal on our unit, but no one, NOT ONE PERSON will have ever even walked through it and sat on the couches or laid down on the bed!! Wahoo!

So, the question of the day is: Are the Heartland beds really that comfortable or have you taken it out and installed your own mattress?

See you out there very very soon!

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulations on your new home on wheels. We are also waiting for our new Big Country to come off line. To answer your question about bedding - the past 3 5're we had, we have gone down to the mattress outlet store and bought a thermopedic. Not sure what we will do this this new coach - wait and see.
Enjoy and travel safely.

GOTTOYS

Congrats on your new rig. We have the "Pillow top" mattress in our 2011 Big Country. After a couple sore back nights we added a 3" memory foam topper to it. It's acceptable now. We lived in it for 2 months this Winter and it was just fine. Have a safe trip...Don

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Congratulations!! Can't speak to the mattress in your coach but we love the one that came in our Big horn.

I saw in your last post that you were ordering the 405RW, which is the same model we just bought. We really like the bed in our 405. It's super comfortable. The only we did was replace the bedspread (since it would slide right off the bed) with a coverlet.

So far we have been extremely happy with our decision to buy the 405 and we have trips planned every month until the end of 2011.

-Bruce

ccupton

Congrats on the new coach. We changed our mattress in our new 305 rw for a posturepedic and 2" memory foam topper. Coach bed is better than the one at home. Makes us look forward to go camping !!!!

We're here at our first campsite! We're having some issues figuring out things...the owner's manual sure needs to be more specific!! Even after the demo, of course you don't remember EVERYTHING!! We'll see how the mattress sleeps tonight, but it feels great! Even the one in the loft is really nice. We were the 'belle of the ball' at the dealership today. "So YOU'RE the ones with that massive rig in my bay!" LOL! They were also worried we were going to show up with a 3/4 ton truck...but we have a 1 1/2 ton. They ALL breathed easier when they saw our truck pull up. When we get home (because I forgot my 'real' camera and just have the one on our phone) I will post some pics. Can't thank you all enough...and I'm sure we'll have many more questions before we know enough to answer questions for others...but we'll get there! WOW, it's really real!! Wahooo!!!!! The 1600 mile drive across the country was worth it for this wonderful new coach!

Brandon.Prewitt

We added a 4" memory foam topper and this is the most comfortable bed I have EVER slept on. It did come with a memory foam pillow top type.

My wife said I don't toss and turn hardly at all anymore.

The mattress is great for me, but too soft for Pirate, so we're going to try pulling down the loft mattress and putting that on top. Can't believe we made it home alive, you guys! The traffic, which thank goodness wasn't this coming Memorial Day traffic, was still awful, with idiots that I swear were TRYING to kill us....passing and pulling in front of us, just to turn at an exit... when no one was behind us! WOW, that guy had to have made a mess in his drawers!! So...we're home safe and starting to move in. We did find out from the wonderful customer service at Heartland which holding tank was which. #1 black, then grey 1, grey 2. On the website, everything is labeled in there, so when did they stop doing that?! Also, all the plans and pictures I laboriously poured over for so long showed a window in the kitchen...nope, not there any more. Just small little annoyances. Otherwise, we love our dealer, love our new home, and love Heartland! What a class act they all are!! Heck, the entertainment system alone was worth the price of admission! LOL!!

FYI I did manage to pull down the foam mattress from the loft and put it on the bed. I had to use King sheets, but it worked nicely! Now for all of the hard choices of what to take, what will fit...the fun part!