• Number of sites held: 25
  • Site fee: $34 per night per night.
  • Club Member Event fee: $0
  • Non-Club Member fee: $20
  • Potluck: Yes
  • Potluck date: 10/14/2011
  • Potluck time: 6:00 pm

------------------------------
  • Event Leaders: RANDY (click to contact) AND MICKEY (click to contact)
Additional Info:
This rally is a joint effort with Ga and Fl. The leaders are Randy Allen and Mickey Meredith. This RV resort is beautiful and is located just off I-95 but hardly any noise from highway. The management team is super, and accommodating for our needs. The facilities are top notch, with gorgeous Pavilion with new tables, fireplace, horseshoe pits, fishing docks. The sites are 60 - 70 ft long and manicured. This resort has the most beautiful bathrooms and laundry facilities. It is located a short distance from beautiful downtown Brunswick Bayside shopping and dining. In October the weather should be perfect. Being just over the state line in Brunswick, this makes it the perfect place for a joint rally. Come join your friends, and friends yet met at this rally. Reservations can be made up until rally time however they will start selling our sites 30 days before rally. We will have a potluck dinner Friday evening at 6 pm. Check out is 11 am Sunday.

Be sure to register with the resort and then post a Reply to this Thread that you are coming so we can add you to list.

Attendees:
1. Randy and Santha Allen - GA - Site 209 - HOC#1112
2. Mickey and Bonnie Meredith - FL - Site 210 - HOC # 1249
3. Archie and Barbara Prince- GA - Site 112 - HOC # 1782
4. Tony and Jan Coquillano - Fl - Site ? - HOC #1669
5. Larry and Samantha Bandstra - SC - Site? - HOC # 1226
6. Eric and Dorothy von Opstal - VA - Site 113 - HOC# 1202
7. Doug and Mary Sloan - Fl - Site 207 - HOC# 1676
8. Charles and Patricia Sherman Site - HOG 2251
9. Vic and Carol Delano............................HOC #
10. Dale and Michelle Heuer-Site 303-HOG #1708
11. Dave Yocum/Julie Hancock-Site?-HOC #1006
12. Joe and Linda Shejbal-Site?- HOC #1812
13. Jim and Nancy Beletti - Site 116 - HOC# 1001
14. Walter and Linda West - site 205 - HOC #1924
15. Terry and Carol- HOC # 2016

Pot luck dinner (friday night)
Mickey and Bonnie...Spicy boiled shrimp, cole slaw, cherry dump cake
Randy and Santha...Chuckwagon beans, Hash Brown Casserole, Cheesecake
Eric and Dorothy.....Greens Salad, Homemade Cookies
Archie and Barb Prince....Sausage Balls and Veggie Tray
Doug and Mary Sloan......Sausage and Peppers, Rolls
Jim and Nancy Beletti......Pasta with Meat Sauce
Joe and Linda Shejbal.....Pasta Salad and Brownies
Dale and Michelle...........Gumbo
Tony and Janis..............Scalloped Potatoes and Ham, tray of cheese and crackers
Dave and Julie...............Cold Veggie Salad and Dessert
Terry and Carrol.............3 Bean Salad, Pumpkin and Choclate Chip cookies
Walter and Linda West.....Chicken Wings, Key Lime and Applen Pies

Last edited:

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Re: EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: GA, Brunswick - 10/14/2011 to 10/16/2011

Here are a couple of pictures of the campground.
HPIM0052.jpgIMAG0320.jpg

We were there right after Christmas-man was it cold. Down in the teens for a high with 20 mph winds. November should be much better.

See you there.

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired

I have placed this on our calendar and will make all effort to be there. It will be quite a drive coming from the NY rally in Bath, NY, my GPS Street Atlas showing 984 miles. Oh well, that should all be down hill, right?:rolleyes:

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)

I have placed this on our calendar and will make all effort to be there. It will be quite a drive coming from the NY rally in Bath, NY, my GPS Street Atlas showing 984 miles. Oh well, that should all be down hill, right?:rolleyes:

After New York in Oct, this will seem like a steam bath! Downhill all the way Eric. Hopefully we can make it. Will not know for sure for a couple of months yet.

archbarb

Archie and I plan to attend and being a resident of the area, I concur about the weather...it's always the nicest time of the year!

MICKEY

Past Florida Chapter Leader

Guys;
I just wanted everyone to know this is a joint effort with Randy and myself. I was trying to post it on Florida website and because it was located in Ga it came to Ga site. Certainly wasn't trying to pirate Ga site. I will create a link to this page in Florida site so the discussion will take place here. This resort is such a nice place, and Ga is lucky to have it. We are looking forward to making this a real get together for the Southeast Region. Maybe the president and first lady of the Rallyhaulics will make an appearance.
Also when you register with campground please drop a note on the web to let us know so we can add you to list.

Last edited:

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)

Mickey, You can just pirate away. I guess we need Jim B or Micheal Kidd to edit the Rally post
so that it shows that it is a joint Florida- Georgia Rally. I invite all of the members to flock to the
Rally. Archie & Barbara, Eric & Dorothy and Gus & Debra come on down. Randy, Santha & the poodles

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired

Ok Mickey you guys have done it again! I HAVE TO WORK. Oh well next time.

jbeletti

Michael,

You need more flexible work hours :) Bring your boss to a rally and he will then know how important these events are :)

Jim

MICKEY

Michael and Kelly;

I though you guys were about done with that job!

jbeletti

...I guess we need Jim B or Michael Kidd to edit the Rally post so that it shows that it is a joint Florida-Georgia Rally...

Sorry guys but I can't edit the thread title. The way we generate, on the fly, the Events listing is to use a script that scrapes the forum. When that script sees the word EVENT at the beginning of the thread title, it grabs other elements from the thread title to create the line/listing in the Events list. So when I manually tweak your Thread title, the script either skips the event altogether, or totally botches the listing by not grabbing what it's supposed to because I confused it.

On edit:

Okay, the resident guru (thanks Michael) stepped in and we now have a new rally type called Heartland Multi-Chapter Rally. So this rally thread is now recategorized and now shows up in the Events Listing as an HMCR (Heartland Multi-Chapter Rally). And finally, since we don't have too many of these each year, we came up with a manual process to promote these in each of the chapter forums involved in a Multi-Chapter Rally. I copied the meat of post #1 into the Florida club forum, closed the thread and added a link directing members to the primary rally discussion thread.

Rally on!

Jim

Last edited:

MICKEY

Jim and Guru Michael come through again!

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired

Michael and Kelly;

I though you guys were about done with that job!

Mickey, not quite. Still have a little over a year left. But oh how I wish it was this year. Next time hopefully!

Jim, I would have to bring the whole company. All 150 or so, and they won't fit in the KL.

Randy

Jim, Thank you and and MR. Kidd for making this happen. It will make make it a lot easier for Mickey
and I. Randy & Santha & the poodles

jbeletti

Mickey, not quite. Still have a little over a year left. But oh how I wish it was this year. Next time hopefully!

Jim, I would have to bring the whole company. All 150 or so, and they won't fit in the KL.

Parties 150, sleeps 2. Makes sense Michael :)

archbarb

We registered today, and will be at site 112. We will be arriving on Thursday October 13th.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!!!!!

Archie

Randy

Archie, I guess Santha and I had better register in the next couple of days so that we will have a
sight at a rally we are hosting with Mickey & Bonnie. Randy, Santha & the Poodles

MICKEY

Archie;

That is a beautiful site, especially if your coach has a picture window in the back. We would leave the back curtains open and the sun would wake us each morning. It overlooks a beautiful private lake.

Status
Not open for further replies.