Your feedback is requested on a bathroom change "idea" for Landmark Key Largo and Rushmore

jbeletti

Hello Landmark owners and prospective owners,

Kary Katzenberger, Brand Manager for Landmark/Bighorn has asked me to place the attached images on the forum to gain your feedback on them.

What is being "proposed" is to tweak the bathroom design of the Landmark Key Largo and Rushmore floorplans. Specifically, begin using what we refer to as the "Mini-Meg" shower design with a linen cabinet added to one end of it.

Please review the images and let Kary know if this is something you feel is viable.

Thank you for your feedback,

Jim Beletti

Attachments

• AcrobatScreenSnapz034.jpg
    AcrobatScreenSnapz034.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 232
  • AcrobatScreenSnapz035.jpg
    AcrobatScreenSnapz035.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 195

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Re: Your feedback is request on a bathroom change "idea" for Ladnmark Key Largo and Rushmore

Jim,

You can never have too much linen storage space in the bathroom area. This goes a long way toward adding that needed space. I'm a little unsure of the placement of the stool and door. Could be interesting opening the door while someone is on the stool - not that the situation occurs very often.:rolleyes:

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member
Re: Your feedback is request on a bathroom change "idea" for Ladnmark Key Largo and Rushmore

Kary:

This is an excellent idea!!!!! Still have a nice sized shower and storage too. I have mentioned in a previous post that there is currently little "linen" storage in the Key Largo. So this will fill the bill.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

Good point on that door Gus. Maybe a pocket door that goes around the corner. Much like a roll top desk. Could be costly though.

Peace
Dave

clubmgr

Staff member

Do they still put the lock on the bathroom door? That would stop someone opening it on you.

jnbhobe

I like the big shower and the storage. Now show me how to fit it in my rig ??

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader

Like the idea of a "Mini Mega". Sam said if the seat wasnt in there it would be a perfect layout for the bathroom.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired

With this being right up Kellys and my ally, I can tell you that it really is not needed to put more storage in the bath. We use the tall cabinet in the bedroom. We really like the VERY large shower. Now I do think the shower door needs to be revamped. It should open with the joints of the door opening the other way. The way it is it allows the water to go between the glass. There is a rubber seal. But if the doors were switched you would not really need the seals except for spray. But the smaller shower would not be that bad since it's so big. Would the sky light need to be changed?

porthole

Retired

Looks good, I like it.
Personally, with the other landmark design thread I was lost with the split bath. Wouldn't buy any trailer with a bath that had a hallway through it.

mmomega

AnyTimer

I personally like the size of the shower as is, in the Key Largo. I'm not going to show this to my wife because she'd flip out cause the ONLY thing she complains about in that trailer is the lack of a linen closet in/near the bathroom. At the moment we use the tall cabinet as soon as you walk into the bedroom for towels it works just fine. For me anyway :D

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Re: Your feedback is request on a bathroom change "idea" for Landmark Key Largo and Rushmore

After seeing both the San Antonio, which has a huge amount of storage upstairs because the laundry center is in the kitchen, and the Key Largo, which looses so much because the laundry is back up in the bedroom...I'd say that's a really good idea to add the linen storage in the bathroom.

I couldn't imagine where you could store linens the way it is now...we'd have to use the tall storage in the bedroom for shirts and such...not much bedroom storage at all in the Key Largo...JMHO.

clubmgr

Staff member
Re: Your feedback is request on a bathroom change "idea" for Landmark Key Largo and Rushmore

After seeing both the San Antonio, which has a huge amount of storage upstairs because the laundry center is in the kitchen, and the Key Largo, which looses so much because the laundry is back up in the bedroom...I'd say that's a really good idea to add the linen storage in the bathroom.

I couldn't imagine where you could store linens the way it is now...we'd have to use the tall storage in the bedroom for shirts and such...not much bedroom storage at all in the Key Largo...JMHO.

I absolutely agree with you!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator

Even though we have no new purchases on the horizon, I like the looks of this bath layout. Problem for us is we like the open feeling of the bedroom suite with the split bath. Most floor plans with full enclosed baths cause the bedroom area to seem smaller, more closed in. Just our thoughts.

2psnapod2

Once you take a shower in the large shower, you will not want to give it up. That shower is Humongous. Kinda like a shower with one of those curved shower rods. It is great the way it is. But that is just my opinion.

2psnapod2

After looking at our shower and comparing the drawing to our shower, if you do go to this shower you would need to turn the shower around. Put the seat up by the sink side. If not it will be really hard to get out and into the shower with the the seat the way it is in the drawing. Hope this helps. The storage could be used but it is not needed. We have a W/D upfront and are living F/T in ours now and have found plenty of storage in this coach just the way it it.

caokgafamily

Jim,

The sprayer head needs to be on the same side of the step in the shower. This gives the room to back up and the ladies can shave there legs and point the sprayer straight down. The storage is good also.

Steve

Willym

Jim,

You can never have too much linen storage space in the bathroom area. This goes a long way toward adding that needed space. I'm a little unsure of the placement of the stool and door. Could be interesting opening the door while someone is on the stool - not that the situation occurs very often.:rolleyes:

Looks like the door swings out into the passage. Pocket door would better, but the geometry of the wall would need changing. Overall we like the larger shower. It would save water, i.e. room for two ;)

JamesD

I like the larger shower (I'm tall and room for long arms/elbows/bending over is nice) but the minimeg type showers I've seen are "large enough" and you can never have too much storage space.
I would choose the minimeg over the larger shower.

LBallard

On a recent trip the middle glass sliding shower door shattered. We continued the trip by using a shower curtain and shower rod. Secured the two remaining doors and cleaned shattered glass for weeks. I even vacuumed glass out of the bathroom heater register.
The coach is at the dealer awaiting a shipping date for a new glass sliding door. Question, while our shower is awaiting parts I would like to volunteer our coach for the newly proposed design for evaluation. It seems the installation would be fairly easy. I would even consider bringing the coach to Goshen for factory installation.

What do you think?

Lin and Debbie Ballard