Baby Cyclone Going Into His Room

DW_Gray

Here are some pictures of our new baby going into his new room today.
I used four, 1000 pound load/3000 pound test, ratcheting tie downs in an X pattern attached through the spokes of each wheel. I did have to turn the rear D rings 180 degrees so they would be facing the correct direction.

Attachments

• 02w.jpg
    02w.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 273
  • 04w.jpg
    04w.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 269
  • 06w.jpg
    06w.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 260
  • 07w.jpg
    07w.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 235
  • 11w.jpg
    11w.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 222

DW_Gray

I told Amy I'm going to buy some mud tires for the rear and install a hitch to pull a trailer just big enough to carry 3 to 4 deer.

DW_Gray

There were heads turning and one couple stopped to watch. There was plenty of clearance over the hump. Even though the car is low, the short wheel base compensates. There was a couple at the Nashville Rally that had their Smart in their Cyclone.

DW_Gray

Can you get out through the side doors or do you have to crawl out the hatchback?

Although I have a reloading workbench on the driver's side that extends 9.25 inches from the wall, I can still get out the door. If I were a heavy man, that would be a problem. Considering I'm parked near center, by comparison, the passenger side has plenty of car exit and entry room. If I want more room, I'll either move the workbench to the other side or back the car in. But backing the car in may not be the best option because the heaviest part of the car would be just behind the RV rear axle.

If someone really needs more room there are after market Lambo Vertical Doors available. But I think the beds in the garage may have to be removed.