great lakes rv center

sardis

Has anyone bought from great lakes rv center in Indiana. And what experience did you have good or bad.
Thank you.

danemayer

Great Lakes RV Center is the name of the physical dealership in Elkhart. They also do business over the internet/phone as RV Capital Wholesalers. I'm in Texas and purchased a 2011 Landmark Rushmore from them last September and drove up to Indiana to take delivery. You can get specific price quotes via email by going to their website. We were happy with all aspects of the sale and stayed in the lot at their service center for 2 days to test things out and get a couple of adjustments made before taking off on our adventures.

I'd buy from them again.

rustyshakelford

we bought from Gary up at great lakes rv. Drove up and picked up our cyclone in february. Everything went pretty good considering some of the horror stories I have heard from others.

another plus is that you can check out the factory while there.

brett

archbarb

We purchased from them but picked up our BC 3250TS at RV Capital Service Center, which is about two to three miles from Great Lakes RV, in August 2010. The CFO from Great Lakes RV even came to us for all the needed paper work.

We stayed at the RV Capital Service Center lot for about four days while all the little bugs were worked out. We had a great time while there and saw alot of beautiful farm country!!!!!

Archie

irogeo

We also purchased from Great Lakes RV and couldn't have been more pleased. Great people to work with and great price too!

bluebirdsnfur

We bought our BC from them in April and also spent 2 nights at their sevice center so they could help us learn everything about it. Rob Reid helped us with hitching, unhitching and even took us out on the road for a practice run with it and then helped DH back it in again. We are very happy with Great Lakes and 'everyone' there was very helpful! Including Leath and Beth their 'camp counselors'! :D

Geodude

We are also satisfied customers, via the door marked "RV Capital Wholesalers". We dealt with Gary on the purchase process, the folks at the service centre where we took delivery were great, and it was nice to be able to camp for a night out back, to test all the systems. One thing that struck me is how well organized they are, much better than average.

sardis

Thank you for the replies. I feel much better about my purchase now. This forum is a great resource, its hard to gauge businesses when you are only dealing with them through the phone and internet. I decided to buy from great lakes rv even though their quote was slightly more than another competitor in Michigan.
Thank you again for posting replies.

hillsonwheels

In June of '08 we picked up our Bighorn 3400RL at Capitol RV Services and it was purchased from Great Lakes RV. Except for a small misunderstanding about what tires the Bighorn should've had, which was corrected by them, it was a smooth ride.

Rickhansen

We too purchased from Great Lakes, several years ago. They arranged delivery to NC, and the deal went down as promised. Everything was fine except I felt that the communication should have been a little better. Once they had the down-payment and the order placed, the flow of information was more difficult and less frequent than it needed to be.

porthole

Retired
we also got ours from Great Lakes, and picked up in Elkhart. Best price I found, and as mentioned above, communications is a little light after you make the deal. But - I didn't buy there for a conversation, I bought for the price and convenience. I'm satisfied.

I know of 3 RV's that were direct purchases from Gary based on my praise and recommendation. And sticking to the premise of thin communications - not even a thank you. That I think is a little cheesy.

rustyshakelford

we also got ours from Great Lakes, and picked up in Elkhart. Best price I found, and as mentioned above, communications is a little light after you make the deal. But - I didn't buy there for a conversation, I bought for the price and convenience. I'm satisfied.

I know of 3 RV's that were direct purchases from Gary based on my praise and recommendation. And sticking to the premise of thin communications - not even a thank you. That I think is a little cheesy.

i know what you mean! Im real big on communication. when i call and ask for a return call, i expect it. I hate having to call several times a day when I need the information im concerned about. It was like pulling teeth to get a complete breakdown of everything that was going to be on the coach with an itemized cost beakdown. I still do not have that to this day!

I was referred to them by duane and their prices are great, pdi was easy and the process was smoother than most i hear about.

bottom line, I will buy from Gary next time we buy

Brett

Geodude

I agree with the comments on sometimes-thin communication, and I like to have my answers replied to in a timely way. Afterall, you're dropping a fair chunk of change on a business you've never seen and people you haven't looked at in the eyes. All in all it worked well, but a bit of additional communication would be icing on the cake. Of course keeping in mind that they are a "wholesaler" and working on thin margins so just want to crank thru the orders.

I should add that I was pleased with the tone and pace of the walk-through (I forget the gentleman's name), and Kathy and the gang over at the service centre take it up a notch with their communication and organization. Would I buy from them again? Sure, if they offer the best price but I will also shop around to be sure.

mrnoyb

We're considering ordering a Focus FX20 from Great Lakes RV. Matthew has been very responsive to our inquiries and they're trying to improve their initial price quote. We plan on traveling from AZ to IN to pick up the unit. We'd also stay a couple of nights to check out the new unit and take advantage of a factory tour.