Landing Legs fuze

Bob Vaughn

Here it is Sunday and I was putting the camper on the truck and when I retracted the landing legs the motor quit, I suspect it is a fuze but I looked in the 12volt fuze panel and could not find one for that motor. We just got it back from the dealer and they reversed the wiring because the switch was wired backwards. Does anyone have an idea which fuze might be the one for the landing leg motor??:mad:

Boca_Shuffles

On the Big Horns, the circuit breaker is reset automatically. It is located behind the red rubber caps in the battery compartment. There may be a little button that you can push with your thumb nail. Most people have trouble finding the button because they think it is just a battery connection.

Bob Vaughn

I just went out and checked all the lights and they work so I will go see if I can find that circuit breaker that you are talking about.....Thanks wish me luck....

MC9

It is behind the battery in the front compartment, in a separate fuse holder like a car fuse. 30 amp get a few of them . anytime you bottom or top out you will blow it. Mark the legs so you will know how far you can go.

Bob Vaughn

I just went out and checked all the lights and they work so I will go see if I can find that circuit breaker that you are talking about.....Thanks wish me luck....
I just checked those circuit breakers and none have a push button......I will find my circuit tester and see if maybe one is bad...

jnbhobe

It is behind the battery in the front compartment, in a separate fuse holder like a car fuse. 30 amp get a few of them . anytime you bottom or top out you will blow it. Mark the legs so you will know how far you can go.

Read MC9's post there is either a fuse or a breaker or I've heard of both being part of the curcuit. As he said mark the legs top and bottom and you will not have any more problems with fuses. Just follow the wires from the switch or motor and you'll find them.

GOTTOYS

On your 3250 it's a inline fuse holder on a pink wire that's about centered right behind the battery. It probably has a rectangular rubber cap over the fuse. The fuse will be a green 30 amp MINI fuse. Don't ask me how I know this. From what I read it's not a good idea to replace this with a circuit breaker. The circuit breaker takes longer to kick out than a fuse and that could cause extra strain on the gearbox for the landing gear and cause damage. Don't know is this is a fact or not, but it makes sense. Watch the landing gear legs when you lift them up and try to stop when you have an inch or so before it hits the stop on the side of the leg while going up. problem will be solved...Don

Bob Vaughn

We should call this the Genius Forum like Apple Computer has the Genius Bar in their stores where you go to get the right answers about their products.........
I went out and fished out a fuse holder from behind the battery box and opened it up and it was a 30amp mini fuse and sure enough it was blown so I hopped down to Auto Zone and bought a box of them, popped the new one in and sure enough it worked....Then I extended the legs down about 2", got my painters tape and a can of bright red paint and painted a line so mabey this wont happen again....Next will be the extended limit line......

Bob Vaughn

My wife wanted me to take it back to the dealer, we are taking a trip tomorrow so I told her I would not unhook the truck till we got home from our trip.....I had no desire to have to wait all day for them to figure out what was wrong and you guys told me what and how to fix it in a heart beat.....Thanks for all the help....

caissiel

It's nice to have someone help with these new toys, I was visiting a friend with his SOB RV just parked for the summer and he had no hot water. We discussed it for a bit and then I went on the SOB site and there was the answer with his water problem, so I copied the info and drove to his house to give him the information. These forums are great an I use it for fixing all my vehicles because I am a member of all the forums for my cars and truck.

GOTTOYS

And remember all this is provided free. Almost makes you want to join the HOC twice...Dealer? We don't need no stinking dealer, we got this here forum..Glad you got it working....Don

SilverRhino

It's great to be able to ask questions or state an opinion and receive constructive help or insight!!

Many of the other forums that I visit.....Asking a question or giving your opinion opens you up to ridicule and what borders on insults! I have left two different forums because of that type of behavior. With the HL Family you will get help and compassion......NOT a bunch of Internet abuse!

Glad that the OP was able to correct their problem quickly with help from other members......Keep up the good work all!

jfpayne35

I'm new to this too *S* Put my landing gears UP and put them too far up...jammed them and the gears jumped. Took 8 hours to take out all the landing gears, fix the gears, reinstall....and to put a one inch yellow stripe (paint) that tells me STOP!!! DON'T PUT THE LANDING GEARS UP ANY FARTHER--lol. I have on at the top end too!! Live and learn!