Replacement radio antenna

dougw

So I was up on the roof cleaning it today and found that the radio antenna was missing from its mount. I was hoping for any suggestions on replacing just that portion of the antenna so as not to have to tear into the roof.

Thanks
Doug

pegmikef

If it is (was) a little whip antenna like on my North Trail, I think it just screws into the base. Mine looks like the one I bought at O'Reilly auto parts for my golf cart. You'll probably have to buy the base and everything, but hopefully the antenna will just screw into the existing base. I had read on this forum somewhere that someone had found that their antenna was very loose. I then checked mine and sure enough, I had to screw it down.

ultrafarmer

I lost mine 3 times so enough of that and I just put a piece of bailing wire on it and it works fine.

Vtxkid

Call Heartland, and they will send you the complete antenna kit... Lost mine a couple of months ago too...

HarleyRyder

Retired Gunslinger
Had this problem on a previous RV that had three of the little rubber "twangers". A little Loctite 242 Blue and no more lost antennas.

traveler44

While cleaning black streaks off the B.H. 3370 I wiped around the antenna mounted on the side of the livingroom slide and found out that it must be made of soft rubber because it started melting black goo all over the sponge mop. What a mess. I unscrewed it and coated it with 303 but I don't know if that will stop the melting. Thinking about replacing mine with one made out of a different material. Tom M.

RichTully

Kind of funny...I read this thread a couple weeks ago before I took my Focus out and decided to check the antenna. It too was loose. I tightened it and went on vacation. Last day before coming home I told my wife about the antenna problem and told her I hope it is still there. Guess what, it was NOT! Tightening did no good. But with the other problems I have had it really is not surprising. Stuck with this thing now but will never consider heartland again. My problems can be fixed but other than the bad battery, I will probably have to fix them myself. No wonder all our products have gone to other countries. Only way to get quality any more! This thing has a total of 10 days use and 7 problems to date. Had I known about Heartland "quality" I surely would have purchased the extended warranty. I have an awful feeling I will regret not getting it!

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
Rich Tully.... I'll bet your dealer can still sell you an extended warranty if you really want one.

RichTully

Anyone know where I can get a new FM antenna. I am not giving Heartland any more money so I would prefer another supplier.
Thanks!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
If it is (was) a little whip antenna like on my North Trail, I think it just screws into the base. Mine looks like the one I bought at O'Reilly auto parts for my golf cart. You'll probably have to buy the base and everything, but hopefully the antenna will just screw into the existing base. I had read on this forum somewhere that someone had found that their antenna was very loose. I then checked mine and sure enough, I had to screw it down.

I looked online at O'Reilly Auto Parts, and found the replacement antenna. The base looked slightly different, but I went to the store and bought it. Sure enough, unscrewed the "whip" from the base, and screwed it on to the base on the rig! Cost me $9 and change, took 5 minutes.

Erika

CactusTwo

We too just lost the darn rubber whip antenna....and I did tighten it down before our 15,500 km. trip this winter. Canadians can buy a replacement at Canadian Tire for about $10, close to the same style with screw end adapters to fit into the center female thread on the roof. Using some loctite thread glue would be good. I plan to use some "Rescue Tape" I bought from Cathy and Ken Allen in Texas (HL owners) to seal off the joint connection