300c

goherd17

Just purchased a 300C pulling with F250 truck with pull right sliding hitch. Camper is no where near level when hooked up. Are there any adjustments on king pin or springs to compensate for this?

Walkerstv

I don't have your hitch but I do have a 2008 F350 short bed and I know your pain! Had to lower my 20K Reese to it's lowest setting and raise the king pin to it's highest setting to get my 3010 to ride level. Unfortunately the molded cowling doesn't fit now and I'm reluctant to cut it to make it fit. Last I checked there was no replacement version to fit the raised king pin.

FYI... with my SOB I had to slide my hitch to the 'maneuver' setting often. With the angled corners on the 3010 I've never once had to move the hitch back but you can't go wrong having the sliding hitch just in case you get in a tight spot... Hope you enjoy your new 5vr!

71stang99

I have to ask how do you raise the king pin? I have yet to pick up my 300c which should happen at the end of the month and I have a 20k Reese so lowering in I take it means putting it on the lowest adjustable setting that the mounting head sits on. By this do you mean adjusting the trailer suspension?

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
No, you remove the pinbox bolts and move the pinbox up a hole. Never liked that idea though because you loose a bolt that holds it on. Question though, you did not say if it's nose high or low.