Landing gear issues and dealer is zero help

6.7powerstroke

I went to hook up the other day to my new RW, and the landing gear will not retract. It will go higher, but when I press the retract button, nothing happens. I pressed it probably 20 times and held it, and maybe for 2 of those, I could hear a motor run but no movement. I started the generator and made sure that I wasn't low on battery juice, but it raises the camper fine. I called the dealer which is 2 miles away and they told me they couldn't come look at it. They asked me to lower it manually which I have no idea how to do. When I did my "inservice" i paid $400 for, I asked the tech how to do this and his response was "I have no idea, stick the rod where it fits." Awesome and super helpful, thanks. So any ideas on what is wrong? Any idea on how I actually manually lower the front of this thing so I can hook up and drive it to my dealer? Thanks!

Rrloren

Don't know if yours is the same as mine but I open the basement door on the passenger side and there is a hole on the upper right side that the turning rod slips into and engages a bar then you simply crank it by hand. Takes some turning to get it up or down.
Hope this helps.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
A powered drill with an extension and a socket the size of the manual crank works great. Doing it by hand takes a lot of time and turns. Sounds like your switch has a short in it. You can probably remove the switch cover and see a wire disconnected, or possibly shorting or grounding out.

6.7powerstroke

Don't know if yours is the same as mine but I open the basement door on the passenger side and there is a hole on the upper right side that the turning rod slips into and engages a bar then you simply crank it by hand. Takes some turning to get it up or down.
Hope this helps.

Thanks, I will check it out. The basement on this unit is very funky, the door on the driver's side is only about 10" wide. I wonder if I should just pull out the switch and start with that.

danemayer

Don't know if this is the correct manual for your rig but some of the info is probably generic. LINK.
There are pictures showing where the drill/hex bit are used to manually move the landing gear. There are also diagnostics that may be helpful.

If this isn't the right manual, you may find a better match at this LINK.

And assuming it's a Lippert hydraulic system, you might want to call them directly. Their engineers may be able to walk you through what's needed to get going again.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I would go the route that was suggested. Call Lippert. If your dealer couldn't tell you how to manually opperate the system, I'm guessing they wont know how to fix it either.
You have nothing to loose by making the call. They are on Central Time and close at 4:00. 866-524-7821
You do have hydraulic landing gear, correct?

Peace
Dave

GOTTOYS

First you get ripped off by the dealer charging you for the PDI that you got nothing out of, then they aren't any help when you have a problem. Some of these worthless dealers need to go away...Don