Elk Ridge 35 QSQB second tank flush

GOTTOYS

The tank flush is usually only attached to the black tank on almost every trailer I've seen. Most people don't flush the gray tanks. You can purchase a Flush King or similar fitting that attaches to the sewer outlet that will allow you you to back flush the tanks if you feel it is necessary. I have used mine a few times but not on a regular basis. It has a clear fitting so you can see what comes out. Usually don't get anything out of the gray tanks but soapy water...Don

TXBobcat

Fulltime
What I have done before is fill up the gray tank to the kitchen sink by running water into the sink until it stands in the sink. You achieve to things. Confirm there is no leak in the system. Wash out the tank and line when emptying the tank. You can do the same with the shower but you shouldn't have any need to flush this tank. Normally there is nothing that would accumulate in the shower gray tank.

On thing that might help you with the kitchen gray tank. Put in sink strainers in each drain to catch any debris that could go down the drain.

DSC_4553 [800x600] rotated.jpg

My apologies, I should have clarified that the second holding tank is actually the other black water tank attached to the second bathroom. It's marked "holding tank" on mine. It has a seperate release valve towards the rear of the rig and I emptied the black water but do not know where to flush that one from. There is a unmarked hose adapter on the opposite side of the rig, underneath the area for the refrigerator vent but when I hooked up the hose and turned on the water, water just squirts out of the sides of the white fitting.
Thanks on the tip about the strainers though. I'm going to get a couple of those!