National RV Detroit

mikeyy53

:(We recently purchased a new 2009 BC 3355RL from National RV.Last year while we were at the Michigan Chapter rally, DW mentioned that we had looked at some Landmark's and BC's at this dealer. One couple mentioned that their hitch wasn't tightened correctly. Fast forward to this year we went to a "camping show" that had all of 20 people in attendance. DW wanted to stop at National RV and see what they had. We were shown a 2009 BC 3355RL That they wanted to move off the lot as they were moving. Deal was done with the understanding that we won't pick it up til the snow goes away. Financial wanted our trade in within 2 weeks snow or not. They get the trade in and we wait. The day arrives I call them and let them know we will pick up the BC on Monday, this was a weeks notice. I was assured that we would be there about 3 hours for the hitch to get installed and to do the PDI. Arriving at the dealer the BC is in the shop, the slide toppers aren't installed and no one is working on it. so we're sitting there for 6 hours before it gets finished(at the close of business) Upon inspection DW is fit to be tied, black streaks are all over the body. Their response we'll we washed it and it's been in the yard for 3 years! PDI took all of 15 minutes! This is our 4th RV and the worst PDI ever!
I contacted HL a couple of days later, to verify that the warranty was registered. Nope, National RV never ordered the BC Terry Town RV did.
One nice thing about the state of Michigan, all business licenses can be looked up on line! Same owner owns both. Contacted HL again, no warranty. Explained the deale to HL he contacted National RV and Terry town to get the warrwnty active. Seems Terry town sold National RV that model. Both are owned by the same person. Terry town had to register the warranty. Needless to say National RV will not be touching the BC. On a positive note contacted our EDGE dealer about an exterior detailing, took it in DW is happy it looks like a new BC and Walt, our service manager at General RV said they would be happy to take care of our warranty issues.

When is a deal not a deal..when DW isn't happy.

I was warning earlier, but didn't listen........

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Wow - that's almost an Abbott and Costello, "Who's On First" moment. Glad you got it all worked out.

:mad:The worst experience EVER!!! from Gabrielle (Sales), Pete (Financing Manager), Steve (Service Manager) and Norm (General Manager)...We purchased a camper 3 months ago and we were promised the spare tire by Gabrielle, Steve and Pete and today (3 months later) i was told by Steve if i want the tire i need to pay for it....when i was told by Pete the day i picked up the camper, he was going to have Gabrielle order it. Gabrielle a week later told us she ordered the tire....and all that was bull....never ordered....WOW! Please check their MISSION STATEMENT.....Promises, promises!!!! In the end no follow through! Customer Service after the purchase sucks!!!!!!!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hi LouArmentano, and welcome to the forum.
What kind of camper did you buy that did not come with a spare tire? If not having a spare is the worst of the service you get from your dealer, remember it could be worse.
And a lesson learned......always get it in writing.

Peace
Dave

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I'm confused by the OP. You had a 2009 BC 3355 and you traded it for another 2009 BC 3355, is this correct?

wdk450

Moral of this story:
Just quote this story to your dealer when buying, and get any verbal promises (including PDI discrepancies) noted on the sales document IN WRITING. Don't get sucked into the good ole boy appeal "Don't you trust us???".