2012 Cyclone 3010 HD

u243412

Just received my new 2012 Cyclone.
Bought it at Lakeshore RV in MI. Had it delivered to the door in Alberta, Canada.
Actually, Lakeshore delivered the wrong trailer the first time, so they had to ship the right one the next week. (So if you just received a white/blue Full Throttle 3010 and live in New Mexico... check your tires for extreme wear. lol)

Nice trailer. Nice features. Good layout. Poor workmanship. Very poor workmanship.
I love the trailer - but had expected better from the Heartland company. It's very obvious that the quality control people at the factory took a holiday during my inspection.
Poorly cut/slashed tin under the propane bottle, footprints on the couch, pop can stain/spill on the counter, greasy palm/hand prints all over front door and generator doors, glue or something stuc the screen door half open, lots of 'cuttings/filings' left over in compartments, very poor patchwork under the floor - w/ black tape (propane was fed down the underbelly and then back up into underbelly - where there the tubing could have just been turned 30 degrees and it would never stick out), the lock on the fuel station doesn't work, the generator has never been tested, the water system has never been tested or leak checked (as I'm keenly aware there is a large leak on the chipboard under some tank just front of the axles, goop slapped on some awning bolts - which isn't bad, but they put goop on some spots which missed the screw all together).
I had expected the usual sawdust everywhere from the long delivery. I didn't expect that much, but did expect some. Mine wasn't as bad as the 1st trailer they delivered. There are a bunch of other issues that I can't recall right now. I'm not being overly picky - just no impressed with the quality review once it was built. I'll be calling Heartland tomorrow.

Don't get me wrong - it looks like with some fix ups and clean up, it should be great trailer - save the water leak that is soaking up in the wood. It's just that I had higher expectations from Heartland. My previous trailer was a Keystone product. That's a vendor I'll never do business with again. lol

As my first post, I can't submit pix yet.

rustyshakelford

to be honest, most of the stuff, well actually all the stuff except the poorly cut tin should have been taken care of during the pdi. I would have thought the dealer would take care of that for you before deleivering your trailer all that way. Might be somethig to contact them about and see if they have a company they due business with that is capable of addressing all those issues.

brett

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Yep - 90+% of these issues are dealer related. They should have caught and cleaned up those things before you ever saw it. There are a few items the factory should have done a little better, but most are definitely dealer lack of preparation.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
WOW, Lakeshore really dropped the ball. Trailer's are sealed at the factory for delivery. The dealer has to clean them and prep for delivery to you. The delivery people are not allowed be in them. I would call Lakeshore and have them have the trailer cleaned on there dime.

BTW, was it shipped from the factory direct to you or from the dealer?? in any case Lakeshore was payed to do a PDI and clean it for you.