Wet Toolbox fix

robnmo

Sorry if this has already been posted, but I can't find the recent thread on the wet tool box issue. I pulled ours apart today, I know several had talked about the carpet being visible through the round dockside access ports and might be wicking water through the carpet. You might want to take a look in the LP compartment, on ours (ODS was the only toolbox getting wet) they foam the divider between the LP compartment and the toolbox/storage area. Look in the very bottom corner of the LP compartment towards the outside wall. We have an opening there that foam didn't fill, you can stick your fingers into that opening that and feel the carpet of the toolbox wall, and since the bottom of the LP compartment is open any water, from the road, rain, etc will just blow and track right into the opening to the toolbox between the outer wall. I'm going to trim out the foam in the corner and caulk in a small piece of metal to close that opening and should solve the problem. The DS toolbox/LP divider is foamed solid and it has never been wet. Hope this solves others problem.