2012 BC Questions

Westwind

We are seriously looking at the 2012 Big Country 3250TS and have some questions?

1. If we order the fifthwheel with the Cherry wood option can we change the slate look flooring to the Beauflor wood look flooring?

2. I understand we can get the Hard Valances in living room and bedroom, are there windows that won't have them? If not, what will be on the windows?

3. I understand we can change out the vessel sink and put a standard bath sink in place of it. What type of sink would it be (Material -?) (Color -?).

4. We are not a fan of carpeting and would love to have the Beauflor through the center of the fifthwheel. Is that a possibility? I understand the carpet will be in the slides.

5. What color is the solid fabric on the recliners?

6. Has there been price changes on the 2012's, is there a chance the MSRP sheet
could be posted to the Owner's forum?

7. What changes were made between the 2011 and 2012 Big Country's?

How should I work with the dealer to get the items modified that can be changed?

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
What a great choice in the Big Country 3250. We had our for over 5 years before moving up to the Big Country 3250 which is on order at this time. Let me see if I can put some insite to your questions but the dealership might also be better to answer some.

1. We ordered our BC in the Cherry finish and requested the wood looking floor. Right now that's still on go in that we haven't heard back if they have discontinued the flooring. There is no extra cost to change to the wood looking vinyl flooring.
2. We stayed with the curtains with the wrought iron rods.
3. Changing the vessel sink out is an option (extra cost). We stuck with the vessel sink cuz the replacement sink is a beige plastic sink. I wanted to have them put a procelain sink in but that can't be done.
4. Can not answer about having vinyl put down the length of the inside. I know other owners have changed theirs out with no problem but not sure if the factory will do it on order.
5. We went with the butterscott fabric so the recliners are coming beige. Not sure if the darker fabric would give you the darker brown recliners or not.
6. Not sure if the MSRP can be posted on the forum or not. I have seen the Landmarks and Big Horns posted and have requested the Big Country but it hasn't been posted yet.
7. Can not answer about the difference between the '11 to '12 models.

My suggestion is to contact a Heartland dealer. We are using RVS for Less in Knoxville, TN with our new coach order. Their website is www.rvsforless.net. Butch and Karen, the owners, are great folks to work with and can answer any of your question. Good luck.

Last edited:

Westwind

At my wife's request I called the factory and got Bryan Walczak the brand manager on the phone. He was very helpful and answered all of my questions and a couple of exta's.
By working with the dealer and factory sales rep when it comes time to order we should be able to get just about all of the changes/mods we want to the Big Country.
So now it's time to find a dealer to work with.

B

bcyman

My name is Brad Cyman and I am a Factory Rep for the Big Country. I will help out with your questions.

1.) You can order your unit with the "Wood Plank" Vinyl flooring. This is an option that you need to make clear with your dealer and there is no additonal charge for this.
2.) The only window that would not have the wrought iron valances would be the small window in the kitchen area. It has a header with fabric but not the wrought iron around it.
3.) You can change out the Vessel Bowl sink with a standard sink. It is a porceclian "ivory" lay in sink. There is an additonal charge for this option.
4.) You can order your unit with "max vinyl". You are correct in that there will be carpet in the slide outs and it goes out approx 1ft. from the slide out.
5.) Each fabric option has a diffferent color recliner. If you decide on the Bronze(leather) decor the couch and chairs are the same color.
6.) I suggest getting in contact with local dealer to get pricing.
7.) We did not make any changes from 2011 to 2012. We did make changes during the 2011 model year. These changes occured back in December and we have contiued with these changes through our 2012 models.
8.) You first need to get in contact with a dealer. To find a local dealer you can go to www.heartlandrvs.com and click on the Customer Service tab and then click on the Dealer Locator option. From there you just need type in your zip code and the Big Country product line and it should give you the nearest dealership. Once you start working with a dealer you can go over with them the specific changes that you would like. If you would like more information or help from me you can email me brad.cyman@heartlandrvs.com

Westwind

Hi Brad,
On my #2 question what I meant to ask, was could we sub window treatments like the
Big Horn has for what is in the Big Country, we don't mind the blinds, but the curtains
and rods don't appeal to us much. We intend to get the Ultra Leather Truffle color.
Other than that you answered all of the questions and I will refer the ordering dealership
to your email responses.
Thank You for your response.

B

bcyman

It sounds like you would like to order a Big Country but you would like to have the same decor options of a Big Horn. Is that correct? "Truffle" is a color option for Big Horn. Before I tell you one thing I would need to know the dealer you are working with so that we can get on the same page. If you could please provide that information for me that would help out tremendously.

Thank you
Brad Cyman
Regional Sales Manager Big Country

GOTTOYS

It sounds like you would like to order a Big Country but you would like to have the same decor options of a Big Horn. Is that correct? "Truffle" is a color option for Big Horn. Before I tell you one thing I would need to know the dealer you are working with so that we can get on the same page. If you could please provide that information for me that would help out tremendously.

Thank you
Brad Cyman
Regional Sales Manager Big Country

Hey Brad, Welcome to our forum. You're going to get a workout!...Don

archbarb

We have a 2011 BC 3250TS, and I will say that the vessel sink was one thing I wasn't really wild about at first. I wanted the standard sink, but the DW finally convinced me of all the counter space you gain with the vessel sink. Plus it draws a lot of attention when people see it!!!!!

Archie

Westwind

Hi Brad,
Sorry had the color wrong, we have picked "Bronze". The problem is we have the " Fixed Valance and Sides" in our current RV and my wife likes them, I did notice that they were on the "Bighorn" which is out of my budget. Once we see a Big Country the Curtain issue should be settled.
Some of these items are a deal breaker for my wife, but we are scheduled to look at a trailer and I will work with the dealer if the price is right hopefully we will have an order coming your way.
Thanks for your help.

PS - Vessel sink is out per the Interior Decorator