Tv Removal and upgrade

I have a 2008 Big Country 3250TS and im trying to remove my Tv so that I can install a newer lcd. I have a couple questions for you.

1. How the heck to you get it out LoL. I have removed 4 wood screws from the side panels. One up top and one one the bottom of the side panel. I left the bottom screws in to show where they were. After removing these I thought the wood bracing if you will. Would just pull out and then I could pull the TV out and work on bracing up a new mounting area. No such luck. I have been afraid to pull to much as I dont want to make further damage however im wondering is there screws or something im just missing?

2. What size tv have other 3250TS owners put in this space. Im thinking I dont want to put a tv in the cabinet. I want it to mount outside and across the opening. Im leaning towards a 32". If I can get this one out that is.

3. Im also going to replace the factory Dvd that came with the unit since it has never played a dvd correctly. It was a E-Technologies all in one. How are other people hooking the newer tv's into the existing surround speakers?

Thanks in advance for the replies.

Brad

Attachments

• DSCN3927.JPG
    DSCN3927.JPG
    135.8 KB · Views: 85
  • DSCN3928.JPG
    DSCN3928.JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 64
  • DSCN3929.JPG
    DSCN3929.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 62

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Brad - you have the same setup we have. We found one screw all the way in the back of the tv holding it down and after taking that final screw out was able to remove the unit. We mounted a swing arm on the left side by adding a board for support. We currently have a 32" Sansung mounted on the outside of the cabinet which can be moved around pretty freely.

brianharrison

Hi Brad,

I do not have the same unit as yourself so only taking a guess here, but does the TV slide towards the back to see behind the header piece of wood? I suspect there may be a couple of screws in the header (top). If nothing visible then I am guessing the side pieces are attached to the header and the assembly is slid in as a whole and screwed in place with the 4 screws you removed. It may be a tight interference fit. In other words, have you tried pulling it out as a unit - with the header needing to come out as well.

Try Nathans thought of the screw in the bottom of the TV

Take care,
Brian

Last edited:
Re: Tv Removal and upgrade 3250TS

Well finally finished my project. I found a single screw in the header board as you can see in one of the attached pics. The fake wood tape they used was really good lol! After getting the TV out I went to Lowes and bout a 1"x12" board and used 5 wood screws on each side to mount it in the opening. I have to admit I was scared to do this and possible mess something up but man I wish I would have done it sooner. I chose a Samsung 32" 720p 60hz on sale at walmart for $328 dollars and with my hd directv setup the picture is great. Im ready for some football now. I have attached a picture also of the back of the old E-Technology crappy dvd-radio tuner that they put in here. It seems you cant find many receiver setups (miniture type) that dont have proprietary speaker wires on them. In my next post im I will let you know how that replacement comes out. Im going to get a Samsung dvd/receiver and try to cut the speaker wire ends off and then solder them to the speaker wires that are alread in my RV.

Attachments

• IMAG0333.jpg
    IMAG0333.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 67
  • IMAG0332.jpg
    IMAG0332.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 71
  • IMAG0331.jpg
    IMAG0331.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 77
  • IMAG0330.jpg
    IMAG0330.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 78
  • IMAG0329.jpg
    IMAG0329.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 68
  • IMAG0328.jpg
    IMAG0328.jpg
    272.5 KB · Views: 66
  • IMAG0326.jpg
    IMAG0326.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 83
  • IMAG0325.jpg
    IMAG0325.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 81
  • IMAG0322.jpg
    IMAG0322.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 80
  • IMAG0324.jpg
    IMAG0324.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 76
Re: Tv Removal and upgrade 3250TS

Nice installation there Radman. I used only a 24" TV to keep the weight down a touch and made a door over the cubby which locks shut. Mounted the TV to the door. Now we have a storage cupboard and a wall mounted TV as the door!

Cheers Grandpa-Bubby