Converter question

bacaye

We are presently at a camground and one camper received a call with a question. Can you run a converter without a battery in it? One time this female had no opinion. Need your advice please....

jnbhobe

Re: Converter qestion

You can but you have to watch the load you put on the converter. A few lights and the refridgerator is about it. You need the battery to handle the big loads like the slideouts and landing gear or leveling jacks or stablizers. Hope that helps JON !! See you in Goshen!!

bacaye

Re: Converter qestion

Thank you for sending the info. I am thinking it is basically the lights and frig. but it could be something else. Bill told me to get on my Iphone to post because he told the others he knew someone on the heartland forum would know the answer. Can't wait for Goshen!!! Right now we are waiting on a part for the NEW air conditioner they put in before it went into storage. That NEW air conditioner had problems too. I guess I should accept the noise since it did not dump water all over everything last fall when we got to use it once. I am laughing...a little....but hoping the part will be here soon!!! Oh well...suppose to rain here for the next six or seven days so we can camp in our driveway...LOL....Thanks again Barb