Bedroom Digital Thermostat....I don't like you very much.

mmomega

AnyTimer
I want to start off with the living room thermo, I'll get to my Title problem in a sec, I like it. Digital, increase temp, decrease temp, high fan, low fan, on/off, check and check. This makes sense to me, again I like it.

Now moving on to the bedroom thermostat. The Dometic comfort control center 2.
This one, I don't like so much. I can not easily adjust temperatures, I can't easily adjust fan speed. I can turn it off quickly but I'm not sure if I turn it on or I do it by accident, maybe because of the long delay in between the power button I think I've done something wrong so I press something else which then wants to program... or change zones. Isn't the bedroom A/C only for the bedroom, so it isn't ducted it blows directly into the bedroom, so what's with zones if there is only one allowable zone?

I guess what I'm trying to say is...
Dometic Comfort Control Center 2 Thermostat for sale, ... barely used?!;)
I'd like just the same simple thermo that is installed for the living room AC. Am I the only one?

Whew, done with my rant, carry on. :p

Also noticed I posted under maintenance instead of discussion. Please move topic if needed, it's late and I think I need to go to bed.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Sorry - can't help but laugh a little:D. Good post. We had our bedroom AC installed by the dealer - simple analog thermostat. On, off, cool, heat, slide bar for temperature change. Old technology, but I like it.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
We have the same t-stat up and down stairs. But I upgraded to heat pumps. I do wish they were tied together and zoned. The ACs also seem to run all day. Is this normal for a 85 degree day?

bdb2047

Hi,I believe I have same in our Grand Canyon.I think if you take a little time it will be good.Has some other features,Inside /outside temp,programable.Manual is in tools section if you did not get one.I am not good at following direction,just ask wife,or with electorics.After a little bit of use I like the thermostat but had same thoughts as you in beginning.Good luck

Rickhansen

I agree with mmomega,
We had the Comfort Control device in the bedroom as well. I replaced both of our thermostats with Hunter programmable models. To do the bedroom stat, I had to add an interface box inside the A/C unit. The Hunters have adjustable cycle ranges and through some creative programming I can control which one is the "lead." We don't like the bedroom A/C on at night.

chief190

Does anybody have instructions for the bedroom thermostat. If it comes on I feel lucky and have no idea how to control it. I love the outside temp sensor. I will change it if i can't figure out how it should work.

mmomega

AnyTimer
Does anybody have instructions for the bedroom thermostat. If it comes on I feel lucky and have no idea how to control it. I love the outside temp sensor. I will change it if i can't figure out how it should work.

Somehow I managed to set it to where all I do now is turn on the power and the AC comes on. I dare not try to adjust anything for now. I will end up changing it fairly soon, probably on our long trip this month to SC but for now me and the AC have a truce.