A/C Leaking into BR

catadj

Hello all. I just purchased a 2011 landmark key largo 3 days ago (Love It so far). My BR a/c is leaking water into the BR. Its doing this while the unit is running and shortly after its turned off. It's not raining nor has it rained since I purchased the unit. It is a Dometic unit. It's leaking thru the filter grates. Water is coming out of the roof tube and running off of the roof. It started leaking in the BR within 15mins of running today. Figured I would try to find a fix from the wealth of knowledge on here before calling the dealer.
Thanks
Brett

jimtoo

Hi Brett,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I would think that your set up reasonably level, so that should not be a factor. I would check the drain for the condenser on the roof. Sounds like it may be plugged or you could have a leak between the cold air and warm air intake and discharge causing a sweat problem also.

Let us know what you find.

Jim M

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Jim has good advice. Also, make sure you run on High Fan. Running the fan on low can cause the unit to produce excess condensation that can run into the bedroom.

hoefler

Check the mount bolts. If they get over tightened ( they are only supposed to be tightened to 14 lbs ), they will pull on the rivet-nuts excessively, causing them to pull loose in the pan above and allow the condensation to leak in. Remove the inside trim and start the unit, see if the water is coming down one of the 4 bolts, if it does, loosen the bolts, a lot of the times it will allow the rivet-nuts to re-seal. If not, remove the 4 mounting bolts and all the water from the pan with a sponge or towels and let air dry. When dry, apply a liberal amount of sealer around the rivet-nuts on the top side and bottom side, I prefer Poly-Urethane. Re-install the bolts and be careful not to over tighten, you are not fastening a lifting eye, just the air conditioner. I use a 1/4" ratchet for this because I know I can get carried away my self.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I think that Hoefler is on the right track, however the mounting bolts might be loose. There is a black rubber gasket that seals the unit to the roof. That gaskes should be compressed to about 3/4'. I suspect yours may be loose allowing the condensate to leak into the bedroom. I have heard of that happening more than once.

Peace
Dave

catadj

Thanks for the info guys. I will try what was mentioned and let you know the results.
Thanks again
Brett

catadj

Thanks for all the info. Took the cover off and let it run for a couple hours. No Leak. Started feeling around the inside and felt some water. Turns out the shroud that connects the ductwork to the cover was not attatched to the upper section. It is only connected by double sided tape. It is the shroud that covers the blower. Appeared to have never been attatched. Pushed it back up and it stuck so good I could not pull it back off. Hopefully it will stay, if not I will pop rivet it in place. A/C is much quieter now. Thanks again for the help.

Brett