After 10 Years

Rodbuster

Good morning,
After 10 years of RV shows, talking to people and visiting dealerships we bit the bullet and jumped in.

A little about my wife and I.
We are originally from New Hampshire. We moved to Florida (just south of Daytona Beach) 11 years ago. I am 65 and retired 5 years ago. Fran (my wife) is ..."younger":angel: and will be retiring in about 4 months.

About 2 weeks we took a ride to Lazy Days in Tampa, FL. to look at RVs. We had been there about 6 years ago and were very impressed. After spending 6 hours looking at different units we found what both of us were looking for. We had looked at the Landmarks before and really liked them.
Like I said before, "we jumped in". We purchased a 2012 Landmark. It's the 40' Key Largo. I'll be picking it up in 2 weeks. Hmmm, now I have to get something to tow this beauty. So, last week I picked up a 2011 F350 dually 4X4 with the new 6.7 diesel. I hope I make alot of friends on this forum, I'm going to need lots and lots of money real soon.:rolleyes:

As I mentioned before, we have been researching for at least 10 years but there is just so much more that I don't know. I'm hoping this forum will help us.

Rodbuster

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, ten years of looking, you really jumped right into it.
Welcome to the Heartland Family and Heartland Owners Forum. This is a great place to get and share information.
Key Largo, nice rig. I am sure that you will make many friends in your travels.
Be sure to check out the North American Heartland Rally in Goshen IN. There have been a few cancelations so space is still available.
Also check out any chapter rally that you may like to attend.
The Heartland Owners Club is something worth joining as well.
All great ways to meet felllow owners.
All that info can be found on the Portal Page.
Enjoy your new rig.

Peace
Dave

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
They really have a winner with the KEY LARGO. See it is even ending 10 years of searching for the right RV! Congratulations on your new coach. We also have the KL and love it also.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
rodbuster,
Welcome to the Heartland family and congratulations on your new purchase. Hope you find this forum helpful and welcoming. Feel free to keep us up to date with your adventures.

Mark

brianharrison

Welcome Rodbuster!

Congratulations on the purchase of the new rig - trailers and rigs and money come and go - but the friends you'll make here through rving and belonging to a great community like the HOC will last forever!

Search lots through the forum to learn, and post questions when you are unsure. All of us were in the same position as yourself when we started out.....

Take care,
Brian

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Congratulations on your new coach!! I was born in Nashua NH and lived in Amherst my first 30 years or so. Our first extended trip was to Hollis to visit. Took Amy to her first Major league base ball game Red Sox/Yankees (Sox's won) we had a blast. Safe travels and if you ever get to Northwest Wyoming drop us a line.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulations and welcome to the Heartland family. All I can really say is - WHAT A GREAT RETIREMENT PRESENT!!! Now all you have to do is join the Heartland Owners Club. Enjoy and travel safely.

Rodbuster

Thank you very much for all the warm welcomes.
Now that you've accepted me, I'll start first thing in the morning bombarding you with questions. I hope I don't make a pest of myself, but as I said in my first post, there is just so much that I don't know.
Thank you again,
Rodbuster

jimtoo

Hi Rodbuster,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. Just start unloading the questions, your new family is here to help.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

mmomega

AnyTimer
Congrats on the new additions, we have the KL as well and love it, also looking at picking up a new '11 F350 as well. You have to let me know how well it pulls that trailer around :)

JamesD

10 years? Wow, and I thought I was dragging my feet after a couple years.
The Key Largo is in the running for me too so I can't really fault you on your choice.
Congrats on the new purchase!

jnspenc

BigSpenc
Hey All!!! Well my wife Jeri and I made the big purchase yesterday for our first RV. The LANDMARK!!!! Can't wait to hit the road. Pick the rig up on the 4th. Getting the generator put in and the 10yr paint protection. Yahoooo!!!!!:angel:

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Good for you. What floor plan did you decide on? I know you will enjoy your new coach. Welcome to the family.

jimtoo

Hi jnspenc,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share when needed.

Please do a very good PDI when you go for the pickup. Make sure everything works and you can work everything. Water,,, drains... TV's,,, check it all and don't let them rush you... Even video the delivery and operation of everything if you feel to much info is happening.

Enjoy the forum and we are here for you.

Jim M