China Cover up

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
I think that sometimes the really mean "sticker made in America"?????????????

talley

Just can't get good help anymore = won't happen again! Employee sent to re-training... "Label is to be placed another inch to the right"!!

beardedone

Beardedone
I don't know what product that is on but it appears to be electrical. If so, very sleazy. If electrical then what if there is a fire and the insurance company denied any claims because it probably wasn't UL or CSA approved!

caissiel

We use to buy OEM Compressor oil filters and one day the millwright scraped the paint to see what was under and it was a Frame oil Filter repainted, we were paying 4x the price for the OEM filter.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
And once upon a time, there was a city in Japan renamed "Usa." So they could honestly say, "Made in USA." I just had to buy some brass replacement parts for the 15 year old Febco pressure breaker on my sprinkler system. You guessed it, "Made In China."

handva

A couple of years ago when Chevy started the "American Revolution" campaign, there was a step in the PDI that stated to remove the "Made in China" sticker off the back of the keyless remotes. My father has been a Chevy mechanic for 40 yrs, first time he had seen to perform that task.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
A couple of years ago when Chevy started the "American Revolution" campaign, there was a step in the PDI that stated to remove the "Made in China" sticker off the back of the keyless remotes. My father has been a Chevy mechanic for 40 yrs, first time he had seen to perform that task.

And my 2009 GMC 3500 was built right here in Flint, MI. But lift the hood or peek underneath and every electrical wiring harness has a "Made in China" tag on it. Maybe that's why I had to replace all of the clearance lamps on it, one of them twice, in the first six months. They're sealed LED sets, so you can't just pop a new bulb in.

olcoon

I live near the Kansas City Ford Assembly Plant. The UAW Union hall is just across the road from the plant. They have signs posted at the entrance to their parking lot "All Foriegn Cars Will Be Towed At Owner's Expense". Every time I go by there I laugh because of all the foreign made componets in the vehicles they make.

szewczyk_john

At least when I buy a Chevy, Ford, or Dodge vehicle (Harley or Victory motorcycle) I can say that a majority of the money spent stays here in the USA. I would suspect that the housing unit in the photo was made in China and then used by an american company who assembled the device. There is a federal trade commission and a bureau of consumer protection that enforce "MADE IN THE USA" claims. At one time it was 100% american made with american goods now the standard is "all or virtually all". This product would be in violation if reported here is a link: http://business.ftc.gov/documents/bus03-complying-made-usa-standard