Fan Tastic Fan cover ideas ? Antenna mount to close !!

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
Just installed a new fan tastic fan to our 2008 Sundance 2900MK . We went with the cheaper vent that doesn't have the rain sensor thinking we would add a maxxair 2 cover !! Guess what the antenna mount is to close to the vent to install cover. Installed to vent in bedroom, I took off the basic maxxair cover thinking it would restrict air flow !! Is this a money grab going with the bigger cover or will the basic cover work ? Looking for ideas .

Last edited:

Cimriver

Well if it is, I am a victim. I recently install the MaxAir II over a Fantastic Fan. The total price was less than the more expensive Fantastic Fan that has the rain sensor.

It made sense to me.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Greg,
I had the regular covers over my Fantastic Fan in our Jayco. However there was a stand alone switch to open and close the fan cover so we could stop it before it hit the Max Air shroud.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Our BH came with the Fantastic Fan with rain sensor mounted over the kitchen. I put the MaxxAir FanMate 850 over it and let the thermostat control it. I didn't really care about losing the rain sensor function since I can leave the vent open and fan on during a rain and draw air in through the main slide windows that have a window awning over them. When we leave the rig for home, I leave the fan powered, along with the other two (covered) vents open, and it helps circulate air inside while we're gone.

Freckles

Thank's for the reply's . I will most likely install the basic maxxair cover back on !! Glad to here your input .

JohnDar

Thank's for the reply's . I will most likely install the basic maxxair cover back on !! Glad to here your input .

Just for my own clarification, there is the basic cover, made for the standard vents and there were, or are, two versions for the Fantastic Fan. Both are larger than the standard covers, so the FF can open properly. I believe one of them actually has a secondary fan in it.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I read on the forum somewhere that FF Co. does not recommend a regular Max-air cover. It had something to do with not letting the cover open all the way. Just saying.

Freckles

Bob, This is the info I'm looking for !!! I don't want to restrict the flow or make harm to the fan !! Just looking for the best cover that will fit my space.

Cimriver

I was told when I purchased my Fantastic Fan that the original MaxAir restricted the fan from opening all of the way causing the motor to burn out. Also I understand that the MaxAir II allows more air flow needed by the fan on higher speeds.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Greg, the max-air covers that I have seen do not look that wide...maybe just longer. But pricey.

JohnDar

I read on the forum somewhere that FF Co. does not recommend a regular Max-air cover. It had something to do with not letting the cover open all the way. Just saying.

That's why you need to use the Fan/Mate or MaxxAir II on them. They are taller than the standard covers. Had mine on for two summers without a problem, and the fan gets used a lot.