FIRST CAMPING TRIP IN JEOPARDY - Please Help

blizwilly

So My husband took the camper, a Heartland Razor down tonight to get it all set up and the kids and I are going tomorrow. He hooked it up to the shore power and the microwave came on so figure the connection is good, but the lights are working off the Battery Power - he said they are dim so thinks off the battery. Outlets and GFCI's are not tripped. Checked fuses and replaced but are fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

GETnBYE

has he checked the shore power outlet for a tripped breaker. Maybe just try to plug in an extension cord or something outside.
Hope you find some help here on the forum, I am probably the last person that needs to be advising you.
Nita

danemayer

Check the battery for water level, possible bad cell, or loose cable. The battery runs the 12V stuff like lights. If it's running down, it's either not holding a charge, or not getting charged. If the battery looks ok, try to find the converter that charges the battery when plugged into shore power. It may have blown a fuse, or might even be unplugged. Mine is in the basement, behind the rear wall in the storage area. Don't know where it might be in a Razor.

Riverman

Our Cyclone will do this if we plug into shore power, but forget to turn on the battery disconnect switch up front.
This causes the lights to run soley off the phase converter, rather than both it and the battery.
Maybe worth double checking?

olcoon

Doesn't exactly like the problem we had on ours back in Dec. but it's worth a try if all else fails. Our lights kept blinking on & off, at one time the microwave was beeping on & off so much it almost sounded like a phone ringing. Took it to a dealer & they found out that where the shore power plugs into the coach, the screws connecting the wires inside the plug had worked loose. So far this has happened twice to us. If it happens again, I'm breaking out the Loctight. If you decide to do try this...make sure to unplug from shore power first!

ultrafarmer

Was you battery dead before plugging in. If so let them charge for a couple of hours and check lights again.

Cimriver

Earlier this spring "someone" hooked my battery up backwards. Seems that the converter manufacturer is smart enough to install "reverse battery" fuses. I had the same symtoms you are having. The lights were getting real dim as the battery was not being charged. As soon as I replaced the converter fuses everything magically started working.

Now if I can just find the "someone" and educate him on how to hook up the battery!

This may not be your problem, but thought it might be worth mentioning.