Bad job attaching doors

Peteyx

Our less than one year old Elkridge 34QRSL has had 5 cabinet doors fall off. It appears to be a bad epoxy job on the hinges. We also had one door frame separate.
Has anyone else had issues like these?

JJnLilly

Problem we had was with the hinges pulling out of the door frames. Ended up handling myself by using heavy duty glue to attach the plastic anchors into the holes for them.

Peteyx

I should have clearer. The issue you describe, JJnLilly, is the same. The action is what bothers me most. Cabinet doors aren't supposed to fall off in your hands.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Give HL a call. They have a repair for it and also ask about the seperating door. Have your VIN# handy.

sandman

Ya had the same problem with my sundance when it was new, but just fixed them my self. The omish don't build very good cabinets.

Northern Virginia
I have built a lot of cabinets and can tell you that I don't fault the workmanship. I have also had a few cabinets separate and hinges come loose but this is an extreme environment for stile and rail doors. The high heat, humidity and vibration bouncing down the road would make the best built cabinet doors in the world have issues.

It's just another routine maintenance issue like repairing cracked caulk. No sense getting too bent out of shape about it.

John

JJnLilly

On one had, I agree with you newbie, but on the other, it is an all too common problem so it has to do with the design and manufacture of the product. This is especially true if HL has a remedy available through their customer service.