My wife and I just bought a Heartland Big Country 3650RL

Brandon.Prewitt

We live in Baytown Texas but have been working in Denver City for 5 months and expect to be here at least through to next year. We do intend to sell the house and live in it full time for the next 3-5 yrs traveling for work and fun. I'm sure this forum will be very beneficial being this is our first RV purchase. I've camped in tents, pop ups, and an in the bed model throughout but never owned one myself.

Brandon and Kelli Prewitt

jimtoo

Hi Brandon and Kelli,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I'm sure you have lots of questions and that's what we are here for, to help any way we can. We have folks with all kinds of past experience.

So, enjoy the forum and your new Big Country.

Jim M

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulations Brandon and Kelli on your new Big Country. We are exspecting our new 3650 to come off line-in about 10 days and can't wait. Seems like time is slowing down. Now the only thing you might want to do is join the Heartland Owners Club. Not only is it a great way to meet folks at rallies but you can also get discounts on parts ordered thru Heartland Parts Dept.
Understand that you are currently working and will be living in the coach. We have friends from TN who are doing the same thing and are currently working in the Fort Worth area, living in their Big Horn.
Enjoy and travel safely.

Brandon.Prewitt

Thanks everyone. They are delivering it tomorrow. It's like Christmas Eve for me waiting on Santa . . hahaa

I don't have the truck to pull it myself. I intend to buy one before I leave here, toward the end of the year. Otherwise I will pay to have it moved back toward Houston if I haven't purchased a truck yet.

Brandon.Prewitt

Can't find where to turn off the outside security lights and can't get the bathroom and kitchen vent fan to come on.

Guess I need to start reading the owners manual.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Welcome to the family. The outside lights switch should be in the control panel. Not sure what fans you have so I'm no help there. Michael

GOTTOYS

Can't find where to turn off the outside security lights and can't get the bathroom and kitchen vent fan to come on.

If you have a remote control for some of the outside functions the switch for the scare lights is on there. If not it will be inside the panel that has your water heater, ceiling fan and various inside light switches on it. The fan in the bathroom should have a small push button mounted on the side of the screen right on the fan. If you have the fantastic fan in the kitchen ceiling that runs on a thermostat just set the thermostat for temp that is lower than the actual inside temp. Then wait a few moments and it will open up and start working. The fan runs when the door is open so you need to wait for the door to open or close...Don

Brandon.Prewitt

Thank you Don.

Yes I have the remote and the fantastic fan.

In the bathroom I have turned on the switch and nothing happens.

Brandon.Prewitt

What is the red button and light on the bedroom cable connection?

The TV's were static and I pushed the button and it cleared up, but why does a cable outlet have a "reset" button that controls both TV's?

GOTTOYS

Thank you Don.

Yes I have the remote and the fantastic fan.

In the bathroom I have turned on the switch and nothing happens.

I know this may sound dumb but, the switch for the bathroom fan is one you push to turn on and push to turn off. I hope you aren't rotating it. Forgive me. Not trying to make you sound less than smart....Also check the 12 volt fuses in the smaller panel that's usually to the left of the main panel by the front door. If there is a red light on next to a fuse it means that fuse is bad. I'm not sure if the vent door for the fan needs to be open. That may also be a possibility. We'll get everything working for you yet...Don

GOTTOYS

That being the case. The next thing to check is the wire connections at the fan motor. With a small Phillips screwdriver remove the 2 screws that hold the screen for the fan in place. They're way up inside the two round openings that are on opposite edges on the the plastic edge of the screen. Close the lid on the toilet as they will most likely fall out at some point when you remove them. You will also have to remove the crank handle. One screw on that and wiggle it off the shaft. Look at the wire nuts that hold the wires together and make sure they are connected. If they are and you have a Volt Ohm Meter you can check for power depending on how far you want to get into this thing. It's very possibly there is a bad connection at the wire nut connectors. You can take them apart, re-twist the wires and put them together. If that fails put it on the list for the dealer to fix. Should have been tested at your PDI but if yours' was done like mine about all it amounted to was an exterior wash. Good luck with your new rig. Don't let a couple small bugs take away from the excitement of getting a new trailer!..Don

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Brandon, when you get back to Baytown, you will have to attend one of our rallies. Our next So. Texas rally is in October in Canton TX but we'll be back in the Houston area next year.

Brandon.Prewitt

Thanks Don.

Jay I intend to get involved with that as soon as I can.

The kitchen vent fan was the fuse. That bathroom vent fan I took everything apart and put it back together, still nothing.

The security lights have no switch anywhere. They are on the remote though, thanks for that.

New issue, while watching the livingroom TV, it seemed like when the living room AC came on the TV made some clicking sounds and shut off. A couple seconds later it came back on. It happened again but did not come back on. No fuse problem, I turned all breakers off and back on and the TV came back on. It happened again but came back on.

I don't have any way to test the circuit . . I can see now I should probably get something.

I'm not discouraged really, I didn't expect perfection. I got a good deal on a really nice rig, and now I'm learning how it all works. I do believe the factory and the dealer should have caught the bathroom fan and I'm just curious now what else they missed.

scotty

Hang in there Brandon, unfortunately you may encountered many of the typical dealers. After 6 RV's, 2 from same dealer, most of them just want to sell and get them off the lot. Not too many willing to go the distance. With your's and a first time buyer, it sounds as if they did not perform much of a PDI. Also, in fairness, some issues crop up after the units have been towed a ways or used for awhile. As others have said, make a good list, checking over everything, then contact dealer. If that fails, Heartland has a good rep for standing behind there products. Just don't get past the warrant period or all bets are off. Enjoy your rig, heartland is one of the top dogs on the lot.

Brandon.Prewitt

Thank you. The guy that delivered it and did the walk through knew about it before he left. The next day my salesman called and asked about it. I also told him about the TV issue. I really feel like I bought from a good place. We have been to more than 20 dealers and the second time I went to Pharrs in Lubbock, I bought it.

Some say it's a waste of money, but I bought the 7 yr extended warrantee.