Jensen System Not Working

On our 1st weekend camp this year, and after plugging in to post, no power light on our Jensen model AWM970. Power wire plug must be behind unit which is housed in built-in cabinet beside TV mount - so can't see if it is pligged in or not. Worked perfectly last year camping. TV, fireplace, other electrical plugs are working 'ok' in this slide-out area. Can't see where this Jensen unit is on a fuse all by itself. Any thoughts why no power to the player?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I guess the first thing I would do is check to be sure it is still plugged in. If it is, I would try and plug it in somewhere else to see if it works or not. If not it may be time for a new one. I don't know if there is an accessible fuse on the back of the unit, but you can look.

Peace
Dave

pegmikef

Apparently you have already checked the fuses and circuit breakers. The unit is easy to pull. You can carefully remove the piece of trim around the unit and that will expose the four screws that hold it in. The trim just pops off. Use a thin screw driver or butter knife to carefully pry it away from the unit and then out. Once you get it started, it comes off easily.

Thanks guys. I pulled the Jensen from the cabinet and the culprit was a blown 15amp inline fuse on the unit. Replaced, and is working ok now.

olcoon

Glad you found the problem Roger! The Forum strikes again! Enjoy your weekend, and the cold weather!!!

Cimriver

That's interesting Roger. I had to do the same thing on our first outing of the year. Pulled it out of the wall and replaced the 15 Amp fuse. Good thing the friendly camper across the street had an extra. Borrowed it and then ran into town and bought a few. Gave his back and I have some spares.