BC 3690SL Update???

Rob_Fla

Jim, a few months ago you mentioned the possiable approval of the new Big Country 3690SL (Sunken Living) floorplan. Do you have any status update on the new floorplan?

B

bwwalczak

Be watching carefully soon. The 3690SL final pilot unit is offline this week.

The 3690SL is the first coach of its kind, featuring the exterior bistro (stove, sink, referigerator, 32" tv, and several other key features). Did we mention the mega style bath?

Rob_Fla

Thanks Bryan, sounds like another great Heartland product!!!!
Update us with more info as soon as you can!

B

bwwalczak

I wonder how many folks can respond on the forum? We are hearing many folks demand the outside cook area in a full profile, luxury living coach. The 3690SL will feature the unique layout, mega bath, AND outside bistro with pull out sink, cooktop, refer, and TV.

How many folks are ready to upgrade?

Watch your local dealer for more information.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Oh foots - just ordered a BC 3650. Be interesting to see the plans.

JamesD

I wonder how many folks can respond on the forum? We are hearing many folks demand the outside cook area in a full profile, luxury living coach. The 3690SL will feature the unique layout, mega bath, AND outside bistro with pull out sink, cooktop, refer, and TV.
Bistro? Ugh... marketing run amok.
I like outside kitchens but they steal interior space which I like more. It sounds like a good layout for tailgating.

Rob_Fla

Stopped by Dealer in Atlanta today and the new BC Brochure they just recieved has the new 3690SL Floorplan in it, all specs show TBA.

The New BC Brochure also has revised much lower Pin Weight for the BC 3510RL that we are looking at!!!!!

Robert, Debra & Bale (The Wonder Dog)

Gregal

I saw one of these units at the Hershey RV show this weekend. I was very impressed with it and when I buy I think this will be the model we will purchase.

jimtoo

Hi Gregal,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

JonV

We checked out the new BC3690SL at a RV show in Toronto yesterday. Very nice!!! Mind you not nice enough to entice us away from out BC3510RL, we love our floorplan and yes, the Grey colour too.

That's why they have more than 1 floorplan right? ;)

KiwiRVer

We saw the 3690SL at the Hershey show and were very impressed. It is a copy of a K-Z floorplan but we think it is better built than the K-Z version. We are long timers and there were a few things we would change to make it more suitable for long timing. We are currently negotiating with a dealer to incorporate these changes.

These include:
1. Adding power points in the living room slides and on the diner bar to allow computers to be plugged in. There is no desk in this model but we intend to get rid of the couch and put a desk and third recliner in the left hand living room slide.
2. Replacing the standard rocker/recliners with Lambright recliners and moving them to the opposite side slide.
3. Adding wet bolts to the suspension (I think it is criminal that wetbolts are not standard on all trailers - I wore through the bushings on my current trailer in only 10,000 miles)
4. Moving the central vac closer to the storage copmaprtment door so that you don't have to empty the storage compartment to empty the bag.
5. Specifying the mini-meg bath with a linen closet. (This was what was installed at the show but the brochure shows the mega-bath and no linen closet)
6. Installing a 4 point auto hydraulic leveling system (When you move every 3-4 days for 6 months it is nice not to have to level up using blocks every time)
7. Replacing standard pin box with Mor/Ryde pin box - Have this on my existing rig and wouldn't go back to a rigid pin box.
8. Remove the oven/gas top and replace with gas top only (we are specifying convection microwave and do not need a second oven. We will put a dish-drawer dish washer in place of the oven.

ChangingPlaces

We saw the 3690SL at the Hershey show and were very impressed. It is a copy of a K-Z floorplan but we think it is better built than the K-Z version. We are long timers and there were a few things we would change to make it more suitable for long timing. We are currently negotiating with a dealer to incorporate these changes.

These include:
1. Adding power points in the living room slides and on the diner bar to allow computers to be plugged in. There is no desk in this model but we intend to get rid of the couch and put a desk and third recliner in the left hand living room slide.
2. Replacing the standard rocker/recliners with Lambright recliners and moving them to the opposite side slide.
3. Adding wet bolts to the suspension (I think it is criminal that wetbolts are not standard on all trailers - I wore through the bushings on my current trailer in only 10,000 miles)
4. Moving the central vac closer to the storage copmaprtment door so that you don't have to empty the storage compartment to empty the bag.
5. Specifying the mini-meg bath with a linen closet. (This was what was installed at the show but the brochure shows the mega-bath and no linen closet)
6. Installing a 4 point auto hydraulic leveling system (When you move every 3-4 days for 6 months it is nice not to have to level up using blocks every time)
7. Replacing standard pin box with Mor/Ryde pin box - Have this on my existing rig and wouldn't go back to a rigid pin box.
8. Remove the oven/gas top and replace with gas top only (we are specifying convection microwave and do not need a second oven. We will put a dish-drawer dish washer in place of the oven.

Hello fellow Kiwi Rver,
It looks like you know exactly what you what in your rig. Are you delaling with a dealer in NZ or are you dealing with someone in the States. It is good when you can change things to make your own. We have down major work on ours. We are currently working on it to get it finished for the 21st Jan for when we leave home and go on the road full time. May see you on the road sometime. Good luck with the new rig.
Cheers Paul

KiwiRVer

Hi there Paul

We are currently dealing with a dealer in GA, as we use our rig for travelling in North America. Must say the process has been a little fraught. Both the dealer and Heartland have been amenable to some of our requirements but somewhat stubborn on others. For example I insist on wet bolts being added as the brass bushings on my current rig were worn down to nothing in only 10000 miles. I believe that if you intend to actually tow a fifth wheel (as opposed to park it up in a campground and never move it) then wet bolts are an essential safety item. If they continue to refuse to do this I might just have to fit them myself. I was hoping to avoid this as it is not a pleasant job although should be easier on a new rig as the bushes should still be in good condition with only delivery miles on them. The stupid thing is the wholesale cost to the factory is probably less than $30 and they add nothing to the assembly cost as they are just fitted in place of the standard bolts.

The other bone of contention at the moment is that I want the outside bistro compartments but I have no interest in the TV, fridge and sink. They are telling me I have to buy the lot. It is somewhat frustrating how inflexible they are. As a businessman myself I am horrified how inflexible the RV industry is in general. I read the other day that if you added up all the different possible combinations of options you can choose when you order a Ford Truck it comes to many millions of permutations. Every Ford truck that leaves the factory is different. Why can't the RV industry be more like this?

Cheers
Craig

Speedy

Instead of fighting with a manufacturer on items they force you to take just get the floorplan that works for you and then modify it to your liking. Add the wet bolts and remove all the unwanted stuff from the outside bistro. Sell all the unwanted items on Craigslist and move on.

For three years I've been asking Ford to build me a F350 with a Duramax/Allison powertrain and they still insist on that in house build stuff.:cool:

KiwiRVer

Hi John. Might have to do that although I object most strongly to paying for a new item at retail and only recovering a small percentage of that by selling it as essentially second hand. I don't know if you have fitted wet bolts (I have) but it is a big job, although admitedly, might not be quite so big with the hydraulic levelling system I am getting fitted.

Know what you mean about the Ford. I have an F350, nice truck, but that fuel consumption is a killer.

R

Ryan1979

Craig, we do not offer the wet bolts because our axle supplier does not offer this option to us. We can however build your 3690SL without the exterior bistro which would eliminate all the items you are not wanting. The dealer should have informed you that it is an option.

Last edited by a moderator:

KiwiRVer

Hi Ryan

Can I suggest you contact Dexter again as they offer both wet bolt kits on their own and as part of the EZ-Flex suspension kit. Have a look at the following link from Dexters website. http://dexteraxle.com/inc/sdetail/18096/18100

This is a safety issue and as it costs you practically nothing I am having a great deal of difficulty understanding your stance on this. I will be happy to show you the resulting wear on my existing rig after only of 10k miles without wet bolts.

With regard to the bistro; yes they have finally come to the party on that one after weeks of insisting it couldn't be done.

Thanks
Craig

Last edited: